NST: Samsung S7 vs S6

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk NST: Samsung S7 vs S6

Tagged: ,

• This topic has 8 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Rick.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

My phone upgrade is coming in a 2 months (yaayyy!!)

I’m pretty sure I’m going to go with with Samsung S7 Edge. Thought I would share the following and ask everyone if they have any thoughts on the topic that could be of some value to me? Thanks!

Wufpacker
    Participant

Looks like a nice phone and all, but I just can’t justify dropping that kind of coin on a phone for myself.
    I just bought a new samsung galaxy J3, and was nearly nauseous spending $160 on it.

Rick
    Keymaster

I bought a oneplus one a year or so ago. It has all of the specs of the expensive phones for a fraction of the cost. I am like wuf in that I cannot justify paying that much.
    BTW what does everyone pay for their cell service? I have t mobile and pay about $80 for two lines, unlimited everything but slowed after 3GB.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I go no contract with virgin mobile.
    $35/month, unlimited everything. I’m usually on wifi so the slowdown has never kicked in.
    Plus I still got my AZ phone number so everyone knows when it’s my dumb ass calling.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I bought a one-year old, used phone from gazelle.com at Thanksgiving. They rate their phones’ condition as “excellent”, “good”, or “fair”. In November, they were running a 10% off deal, so I saved almost $400 buying an “excellent” phone versus buying the latest version new. Absolutely no scratches on either the glass or case.

Sorry SF, only the cheapskates have responded so far…and we’re no help on buying the latest and greatest. But my brother has the S6 Edge and he loves it. His only complaint was the limited number of cases available to protect the phone without covering up the “edge”. I suspect that there is no bad decision between your two choices.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Sorry SF, only the cheapskates have responded so far…

Hey!!! That’s….
    Yeah, totally true.

redisgood
    Participant

I’m too dependent on Apple (iPad, Mac, Apple TV), so I have the 6 Plus. I’m finding it hard to get used to the larger size.

I think I’m getting hosed by ATT. $190 for three lines, 15G shared data with rollover.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster
    Rick
    Keymaster

Sorry SF, only the cheapskates have responded so far…

Hey!!! That’s….
    Yeah, totally true.

My kids tease me that my favorite price is free.99

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.