Now the media hates TJ

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Now the media hates TJ

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Media snubs Warren…again.

T.J. Warren must be wondering what he has to do to win an ACC Player of the Week Award.

The N.C. State sophomore scored a career-high 34 points, to go along with 10 rebounds in last Tuesday’s win against Wake Forest, then backed it up by going for 23 points, four boards, three assists and three steals in Saturday’s near-miss at No. 1 Syracuse.

And yet, despite and that and making 26 of his 48 field goal attempts for the week, the ACC’s leading scorer has yet to be selected for a weekly honor this season.

This week’s winner, North Carolina’s James Michael McAdoo, had also been shut out until Monday, when he earned this week’s award.

Seriously, it’s like the whole freaking world is hating on NC State this year. Are they still pissed off over last year’s team and CJ that they are taking it out on TJ and his squad?

PackFamily
    Participant

People (me included) see what they want to see

TheCOWDOG

PF…as Don Juan said to Carlos Castaneda :

” Belief is its own realty. “

Wufpacker
    Participant

Reminds me of an exchange years ago from some movie or TV show, of which my recollection for other details is otherwise poor.

Point: I didn’t come here to be loved.

Counterpoint: Well…you sure came to the right place then.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

It is really laughable the lack of attention that is being paid to TJ this year. People can say that he doesn’t get the recognition because he isn’t on a good team, but this year’s State team is a heckuva lot better than the VT team that Greene was on last year. At this point, I won’t be surprised if he is not first team All ACC. In fact, I’ll put it in writing here that I fully expect him to get snubbed for that honor too. They’ll put Paige, Fair, Parker, Ennis, and Harris on the first team, I can see them doing it. It is just ridiculous at this point, when James McAdoodoo (you only get to use two names, have you ever in your life met a person that introduced himself as “James Michael”?) is winning player of the week awards, you know the fix is in.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He’ll be first team. Player of the year is much harder.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

^I can’t be so sure that he’ll be first team. Remember, we once had a player left off the postseason awards because people couldn’t spell his name properly (Evtimov). If he had been getting some recognition throughout the year, I’d be more confident, but he has been ignored locally and nationally. It’s a darn shame.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Maybe….

TJ will be so offended that he didn’t get his due from the media that he will insist on returning to State for his Junior year just to prove the media wrong…

What? I guy can dream, can’t he?

MP
    Participant

(you only get to use two names, have you ever in your life met a person that introduced himself as “James Michael”?)

LOL

wilmwolf80
    Participant

Another week, another snub for player of the week. I honestly thought they’d give it to him this week, or him and Paige together, if for no other reason that to shut us up. Well, I was mistaken. It is downright laughable at this point. The awards are not for best player on a winning team, it is the best player for the week. And besides, even when we have won both our games, TJ didn’t get any recognition then. It really shouldn’t make me so mad, since I have no control over it, but at this point the only conclusion I can make is that a concerted effort is being made to not vote him up.

tjfoose1
    Participant

“you only get to use two names, have you ever in your life met a person that introduced himself as ‘James Michael’?”

Rico Tubbs says “FU”.

redcanine
    Participant

George Michael McAdoo

“Player of the week” is going to Lebron for scoring 61 against Carolina. Sorry TJ, you just got outplayed again.

wilmwolf80
    Participant

Jeff Goodman on twitter saying that you can’t be POY if your team doesn’t make the NCAAs. I suppose he has short term memory problems, see Green, Erik. There is not a player in the country that has had a better game than TJ had tonight. He’s scored 97 points in 5 days. I hope he goes for 50 the next time out. Let the haters hate.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Jeff Goodman on twitter saying that you can’t be POY if your team doesn’t make the NCAAs. I suppose he has short term memory problems, see Green, Erik. There is not a player in the country that has had a better game than TJ had tonight. He’s scored 97 points in 5 days. I hope he goes for 50 the next time out. Let the haters hate.

He’s just trolling NC State fans. He gets off on it because we’re so vocal. All he has to do is say one slightly negative thing, and we shower him with attention, which is like crack to his kind.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.