Article: No Team Shoots Itself In The Dick Like NC State

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Article: No Team Shoots Itself In The Dick Like NC State

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

We have our new school motto: “To Prepare, To Compete, To Upset, To Disappoint … Forever”

What we GOTT

No Team Shoots Itself In The Dick Like NC State

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Well… he’s not incorrect for the most part…

I would take strong exception to the statement(s) that suggest Old Wolves are totally unreasonable in their expectations and would drive off any “good coach”, if one EVER took a job at NCState.

From 1948 to 1991 — for 44 years — we played on a level field with and competed at the top levels of NCAA basketball every year and won Championships. That coupled with all the changes in the sport over those years means something. Forty Four years is a long time.

We also understand how those experiences permeated our entire adult lives in meaningful and positive ways that transcended sports.

For others, you don’t miss what you never had and can’t explain what you haven’t experienced…. some thing you, at times, find it terribly frightening and difficult to admit.

Yes, at times, Old Wolves find it difficult, if not impossible, to communicate their deep seated feelings with others. But for US Old Wolves to be labeled — the a##holes in the crowd — because we are grumpy, OLD WHITE MEN, unreasonable and obnoxious, when in fact we are just calling ’em the way we see ’em based on what we have seen with our own eyes and experienced first hand– is PC-New Age- BULLSH#T.

Most of us have acquired the ‘Grace and Courtesy that Only Comes With Age’ and would be satisfied with finding a solid middle ground and more importantly the plain facts and simple truths.

That means two things…

Don’t bore us with the obvious and tell us things we already know like they are Nobel Prize level discoveries… Best example of that is when you say… “That was a long time ago and times have changed”.

AND quit feeding us BULLSH#T and then smiling and acting like we don’t know it’s BULLSH#T.

We’ve tasted all 27 flavors of Howard Johnson’s Ice Cream.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I would take strong exception to the statement(s) that suggest Old Wolves are totally unreasonable in their expectations and would drive off any “good coach”, if one EVER took a job at NCState.

Exactly. We are not Ole Miss running off Cutcliffe after a bad year. Look at the resume of every coach that has been fired from State over the last 20 years (FB and BB) and show me an example comparable to Ole Miss running off Cutcliffe. There simply isn’t one.

People might quibble over Sendek, but he was not fired. His performance after leaving Raleigh is not surprising to those of us who were willing to help him pack up for his move to the desert.

StateRed44
    Participant

Bill, excellent response. Yes, our teams have sucked but we have good fans. I’m sure this douche either pulls for a frontrunner or is disappointed like us…it has to be one or the other.

ncsu1987
    Participant

Most of the Old Wolves I know are pragmatic in their expectations, but unapologetic for our pride AND our resolve. NC State can compete, but we need the coaching staff to do it. I clutched madly at the Sendek bandwagon longer than most, but by the time he left, I would have bought him a truck if he’d asked nicely.

If I’m not mistaken, the author has an association with Duke. The irony seems lost on him, but I still see it. Let’s see, start the season with a team absolutely packed with talent, underperform so that the fans start questioning things, get pissed at the competition. Yep sounds familiar.

Meh, sounds like sour grapes after the Durham beat down. He sure as sh!t didn’t tell me anything I don’t already know.

Wanker, tilting at windmills, shouting “look over there” so that a few dumb asses will look away from his team’s issues.

BassPacker
    Participant

BTT. Little late on this one troll.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

Ah touche! I bet Lorenzo wouldn’t have missed this thread. 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.