No Bones About It — Demon Deacons in the PNC tonite….

Home Forums StateFans Basketball No Bones About It — Demon Deacons in the PNC tonite….

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 109 total)
  • Author
    freshmanin83
    Participant

Sometimes you have to win ugly I just hope we get the win part down too.

BassPacker
    Participant

Gotta win in your house…..gotta want it is right.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

TWO MINUTES… tie game…

WHO wants IT?

Wake playing twin towers…

Just get us a basket and a stop guys == 1 time…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

ONE MINUTE – PACK up 4…

POP!!!

Texpack
    Participant

Yurt got away with a goal tend

MrPlywood
    Participant

Nice run Pack. Up 6, 46 seconds to go. DO NOT FOUL a 3pt shooter. Please.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

One more STOP please…

POP!!!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Mrplywood I hope they are listening

Fastback68
    Participant

Nice in play!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Zebras give us the ball on the review… wtf ???

POP!!!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

DEACs choking…

POP!!!

Fastback68
    Participant

I like Batts 70’s pork chops

Texpack
    Participant

As bad as we are away from the ball on defense at times, we can turn up the pressure for short stretches and cause problems.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Damn, way to close that out Pack! My freed mind enjoyed listening…

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

And that’s your BALLGAME….

Smoke if you got ’em…

On the Big Board…
    DEACS – 63
    PACK – 72

NO BONES about it…

Sometimes, you just got to win UGLY…
    even if that means playing 4 minutes of GOOD ball..

Deacs scoreless over the last 4 minutes, while the PACK scores 11…
    DORN, Y7, BATTS && MARKEL wanted it…

AND the Ghosts on the South Smoking Porch are smiling…

GO PACK!
    Good night, gents… we’re 3-3 in the ACC, 12-1 at home this season…

POP!!!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Just win baby

Texpack
    Participant

After the ND game I’d have sent you for drug testing if you’d predicted 3-3 in the league. Nice last three minutes

BassPacker
    Participant

Good day in Wolfpack land. Pack men beat Wake and the Lady Pack beat up on the Women cheaters on the Hill.

Greywolf
    Participant

We sure could have used that tall, #14 last year. Where’d he come from? (sarcasm alert)

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Is Allerik majoring in masonry?..

rthomas44
    Participant

In close games… coaching will usually win. Keatts is a real coach… for real.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

worth mentioning before I head over to watch BLACKLIST…

DORN played most of the second half against 7 footers as Danny chose to play both of his….
    DORN did not disappoint on either end of the court…

Good enough for a Game Ball…

… and speaking of BLACKLIST… ya’ll know the storylines there are much more predictable than Wolfpack sports, right ???

POP!!!

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

After the ND game I’d have sent you for drug testing if you’d predicted 3-3 in the league.

I’m pretty sure that this is the first time in the last 3 seasons where State has been .500 in conference several weeks into Jan.

ryebread
    Participant

In close games… coaching will usually win. Keatts is a real coach… for real.

I agree with this statement. We’ll learn more and more about Keatts in the coming years (I personally think he is our best men’s basketball coach since V), but the jury has clearly returned on Manning. Wake has led or been tied at the half in a very large number of games this year, yet has a losing record. Even with all the cupcakes, Manning has an overall losing record. I get that he inherited the Bzzzz mess, think he is a good recruiter (talent looked at least to our level), and think he is a great big man coach, but I don’t think he is a good head coach or in game coach (which was my point when Gott was losing to him). I hope Wake sticks with Manning as it will make Keatts’ job easier.

As for the game, I felt it was a tale of two halves more than a good last four minutes. Both teams had hot and cold shooting, but in the first half we settled for the first / lazy shot and jacked up a lot of threes and contested shots. In the second half we drove more, moved the ball more and were inside out and getting to the line. We were -5 in the first half and +14 in the second.

We also subbed and went small, where I think we just look much better. The Markell/Batts combo applies great pressure and having Markell out there lets Beverly come off the ball and become a scorer (think he is a combo more than a pure point at this level). The spacing is better which helps Yurt and Nard when they are the 1, and lets Dorn operate better.

Good game and let’s go get 6 more in the ACC during the regular season just like it. Beating Miami (if we could do it) would be huge. They are the type of team we have struggled against this year — well coached and strong defensively.

Pack1997
    Participant

I agree on KK. If I recall he guaranteed one thing in his first presser. Our players will not quit. they will play hard, period. He has delivered so far on that promise. Hustle and hardwork can go along way, and its showing. I know we wont win every game, but proud of the whats being put on the floor every night. I haven’t said that in a long long time.

I hate Miami. There coach is one of the best in my opinion. He always has a solid team.

Viewing 25 posts - 51 through 75 (of 109 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.