NFL Wild Card, College Basketball, Bowl games Weekend Open Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation NFL Wild Card, College Basketball, Bowl games Weekend Open Thread

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • Author
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ that remind’s me of what my best “xNC buddy” said after the record setting Pack stomping in Kenan…

“The final score in no ways indicates exactly how close the game really was…. “

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

β€œThe final score in no ways indicates exactly how close the game really was

We must have been watching completely different games then. It will be another very close game if it comes to fruition.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Panthers let Arizona right back in the game

Miami within 1 of Virginia

Wulfpack
    Participant

Lol. Stout Panther D.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I speak too soon! Great play by Kuechly

UVa up 4 late

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Miami misses free throws up 3 late but grab offensive boards on each … Miami was down huge in this game but has had opportunities to tie. Missed opportunities here

Wulfpack
    Participant

One of the best defensive games I’ve ever seen from the Panthers. Gruden is right – I wouldn’t want to play ’em. Nobody is hotter.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Wow – none other than Jamie Luckie makes a call to send Rodriguez of Miami to the line for three shots – down 3

Really close call – Anderson barely touched him, but he definitely touched him. Could go to OT

Edit: .9 seconds left

Rodriguez makes all 3 … wow – stunned this game is headed to OT

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

‘wuf..

Now it’s Saturdaynight and we had a good basketball game today and I didn’t say that wasn’t a close game… I just said it reminded the sometimes the score does indicate how close a game is…

It’s all good…

Until they meet again…

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Phew … another goal line pick to wrap it up

Wufpacker
    Participant

Miami would have to pull this shit now.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Anderson from UVa pulls the old Jared Dudley move and gets a foul call on a three pointer

Kick your legs out and fall down … ugh. Dudley should’ve gotten techs for that crap back in the day

Wufpacker
    Participant

Well, 3 or 4 more OTs and maybe UVa won’t have any legs on Wed.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Double OT in Coral Gables

Miami doesn’t even get a shot off with 9 seconds left. Bill, you think Barber dribbles too much – Rodriguez just dribbled out the clock while tied in OT hahaha πŸ™‚

That’s a true N.C. State move

Radman
    Participant

UVA must have been looking ahead to State. πŸ˜‰

Wufpacker
    Participant

‘Canes out of gas.
    When Pack upsets ‘Hoos in ‘Hooville Wednesday it’ll still have meaning.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Looks like UVa will escape with a 2OT win after being up by as much as 18 in the 2nd half.

Miami limited UVa to one shot during the come back and used the pick-and-roll to great success … Davidson led Virginia by as much as 13 in the previous game, again utilizing a high movement/efficiency pick-roll offense and kick outs for 3’s.

Let’s see if we glean any useful nuggets from the game film of UVa’s last two games.

Fastback68
    Participant

Panthers back to .500 ball. Crowd was into it. Let’s go lions.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Panthers back to .500 ball.

Yea, but you throw the records out now. Win or go home. That was the most dominant defensive performance (total yards wise) in NFL playoff history. Offense just needs to be a little crisper. They are going to be a very tough out.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

While ya’ll are all hot about Charlotte …
    try this …

Charlotte Hornets at Orlando Magic tonight..

Wufpacker
    Participant

Soooo…Clemson looks putrid.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

WP… I believe we can beat Clempsom twice…

Fastback68
    Participant

I was just being a smarts– with the 500 crack. 20 years without back to back winning regular seasons. Hard to believe. I appreciate how State and the Cats turned it around. Panthers playing in large house money pile right now. Make it rain, Cam & Luke.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Interesting takes from Kobe Bryant on AAU and youth basketball

“AAU basketball,” Bryant said. “Horrible, terrible AAU basketball. It’s stupid. It doesn’t teach our kids how to play the game at all so you wind up having players that are big and they bring it up and they do all this fancy crap and they don’t know how to post. They don’t know the fundamentals of the game. It’s stupid.”

“Teach players the game at an early age and stop treating them like cash cows for everyone to profit off of,” he said. “That’s how you do that. You have to teach them the game. Give them instruction.”

“I was kind of fortunate because when I was growing up in Italy, the Red Auerbachs and the Tex Winters and all those great coaches were doing clinics and camps in Europe. They were teaching all the club coaches, and the club coaches were following their advice and their fundamentals like the bible, and they were teaching all of us kids that type of stuff. Me, Manu [Ginobili] and all these guys that grew up around that same time, we’re a product of that. It’s a big difference.”

Some counter arguments

Bryant claims that European players are more fundamental, and as a result, more skilled at the game. I agree with a lot of what he states.

Speaking of skilled basketball, Clemson is 3-22 FG in the first half against the Cheats.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Yay for no force outs.
    Boo for Ravens’ stoopidz, can’t count to 11.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 81 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.