NFL Draft Fever

Home Forums StateFans Football NFL Draft Fever

Tagged: 

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

I officially has it. These two articles will get you on your way:

http://grantland.com/features/nfl-draft-2014-jadeveon-clowney-sammy-watkins-johnny-manziel-scenarios/

http://grantland.com/features/the-nfl-draft-which-team-has-it-best/

I’m still hoping the Cowboys trade all of their next two drafts to get Manziel. Because LMAO.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I have a good friend that is a die-hard Cowboys fan:
    – He watches the 4th quarter of preseason games
    – He got Direct TV so that he could watch all the games
    – He reads all of the draft articles and all of the first-round projections.

He looked absolutely heart-broken when I told him that he should never get his hopes up as long as that idiot is making all of the key decisions. If not for an even bigger fool (Herschel Walker trade) and a friend from college (Jimmy Johnson), they would have never won anything with Jones in charge. I think that his look was due to both the accuracy of my statements and his inability to rebut them.

The capper was when I asked him how many games they would have won over the last several years if they hadn’t lucked into Tony Romo…who was expected to be cut before Q. Carter got busted on a drug test. Once again, the look was priceless.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Cowboy fans who point the finger of blame at Romo are like the NC State fans who bitched about about Wilson in 2010, wishing he’d leave or be benched so Glennon could play.

As ego-idiotic as Jones is, he’d have another 2 Lombardi trophies without his bromance crush on TO and his ego chasing away Parcells. Ole Jerry thought Parcells had put all the pieces together (he was right), but Mr dumbsh#@$ ego wanted all the credit when the rings came.

Cowboys will never win with JJ as their owner. He’s the worst possible type of owner. His incompetence and stubborn could be overcome, if they weren’t ruled by a Texas sized ego that’s all hat and no cattle.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

But they do have a freakin’ huge screen. And a giant rearview mirror statue. What more could you want?

BJD95
    Keymaster

I imagine it would be pretty sweet to be a Giants or Iggles fan, with Lil’ Danny and JJ as owners within the division (in a hard salary cap league).

Then again…my team’s division contains Oakland. Which is also pretty badass.

Fastback68
    Participant

Big Jones fan for all the reasons listed above. My favorite recent episode is when they opened that billion dollar best buy and promptly lost to the giants opening night. Did the Bronx renew John fox’s contract? I know they extended del rio’s. I don’t know many teams that let their top four wrs walk. Panthers psl is like state ltr.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The Broncs signed Fox to a new three year $16.5 million deal.

My view on the Panthers is that Gettleman is positioning the franchise to be competitive for the long run. Hurney left a cluster. Steve Smith was not producing what he was earning. Hopefully there is a good WR that will be available draft day. And you have to get better up front. But with that Panther D, they are going to be in a bunch of games.

BJD95
    Keymaster

T-minus 2 hours, 15 minutes!!

Fastback68
    Participant

Anybody watching?? I thought Houston drafted a kicker but everybody was just booing roger.

Texpack
    Participant

Almost 24 hours for the Houston Texans and their fans to contemplate taking the slam dunk obvious choice with the first pick in the second round even though he happens to be Derek Carr. This is way better than any reality show.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I watched every minute, will be back for more tonight.

Liked the Panthers and Broncos picks, though am a little disappoint that PeyPey didn’t get a new toy (Marquise Lee) or a better starting RT (Moses from UVA, that guy whose name I can’t spell from Roll Damn Tide). Did NOT expect Roby to be there, so much so that I had forgotten about him.

HAHAHA at Johnny Manziel joining The Factory of Sadness, with the cursed 22nd pick (Brady Quinn, Weeden).

I wonder how much Xanax they pumped into JJ’s bloodstream to keep him quiet when Johnny fell to 16.

As to QBs, I remain convinced that the only NFL-caliber starters I saw play last season were Bridgewater and Aaron Murray of UGA. Somebody is going to be very happy after they take him in the 3rd or 4th round.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Almost ashamed to admit that I have yet to even check to see who the Ravens wasted a pick on. I’m glad to hear that they’ll get a chance to pound Johnny Football twice per year though.

Factory of Sadness made me loller.

Fastback68
    Participant

Ah yes, I remember David carr’s one year with the cats. Long Fabio hair and single throwing hand glove. Both of which quickly disappeared after Concklin bitched slapped him during his first day as a Giant. He ran for a first down and the meager panther crowd cheered. Then he got utterly destroyed by the opposing defense.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I thought the actual picks were gonna start at 6:30 tonight. I am uber disappoint now.

highstick
    Participant

I’m still studying the Panther’s pick, but so far, so good. I hated losing Smitty, but a Sammy Watkins was not a replacement…Sammy’s got to so me more “meanness” and not just “catch and head to the sidelines”…During the postseason all star game, he did it, but generally never saw him do that while playing for Dabo…\\

Texpack…you following Jordan Lyles???? Trade to the Rockies has worked out for him!!!! I was in Houston in March for the Rodeo!!!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

BJD95
    Keymaster

Looks like a startable tackle (Moses from UVA) will fall to #60. Lucky Panthers!

Manada de lobos
    Participant

And so they pick a backup DE. I have no idea what Gettlemans doing…apparently neither does he.

Wulfpack
    Participant

He’s a backup DE that many GMs had in the first round and that will likely be a starter for the Panthers as we know we can’t keep both Charles Johnson and Greg Hardy. He was too good to pass up there, says the NFL lifer. And, we got a fine O lineman in the third. Things are looking pretty good. Now if we could just get some value for Stewart.

And I’m going to laugh at all the Gettleman naysayers when Benjamin puts up better numbers than Smith in year 1. He’s a freakishly big/athletic receiver, much like the pro bowler franchise QB.

Texpack
    Participant

‘Stick I have noted that Jordan Lyles has pitched well for the Rockies. The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo is something everyone in the world should do at least once.

Ryan Ftizpatrick. That should make all of the Schaub haters happy next year.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Hardy gets arrested today for assault on a female. That Early pick isn’t looking so out of place now. He’s had several other issues.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.