NFL 11/3/14

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Gowolves
    Participant

Thought I would start a NFL weekend thread.

RG3 looked just ok. Hope my Steelers wiin tonight. Beej, Broncos have some work to do.

RaisedByWolves
    Participant

Go Steelers!

Watching pregame now. How can anyone not like Hines Ward?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Rivers and the Chargers with a head scratching performance.

49ers lose, again.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Nate the Great just got carted off…Didn’t look promising…God Bless #56….

Gowolves
    Participant

This is a huge game for my Steelers. I had a feeling the Patriots woud win thier game. They always play the underdog role well. They always beat my Steelers when they were underdogs on paper.

Gowolves
    Participant

Nate had soome tough penalties early. He was flagged for grabbing Gronk for a first down.

Gowolves
    Participant

This comment is for beej and others who know the rules.

When Payton was sacked on a play in the third quarter he was hit right at the knees! What happened to the Brady rule where you can’t hit a QB towards the knee area? It was such a blatant call. The defender went right for Manning’s knees!

I didn’t like the rule when they put it in play but it is a rule now. CALL IT!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Re: Steelers vs Ravens… Cam Thomas just introduced himself and claimed to be from “The University of North Carolina.” I had to laugh. The product is so degraded…Where’s my haz-mat suit?

YogiNC
    Participant

Gowolves, I have no idea exactly what all created the changes in the Steelers but they are AWESOME right now. The first quarter I was worried they would get smoked again by the Ravens but they held them to one score and then started piling on again. Two weeks in a row top offenses have been totally shut down, and Big Ben lit it up again. Over 850 yards passing and 12 TDs in two games is off the scale (i.e. never been done before).

Smarter than the average bear

Wulfpack
    Participant

More so than ever, it is a week to week league.

Just a few weeks ago everyone was burying the Patriots and crowning the Broncs. Same for Pitt. And now the Chargers can’t get out of their own way. It is a long haul to the finish line.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… anybody else wonder how long before the “Idiots”… start the “What’s wrong with ‘you know who’…” BS ??

On the one hand… that comes with fame and fortune…
    but it’s still pure BS.
    Sad but True.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Texpack
    Participant

This comment is for beej and others who know the rules.

When Payton was sacked on a play in the third quarter he was hit right at the knees! What happened to the Brady rule where you can’t hit a QB towards the knee area? It was such a blatant call. The defender went right for Manning’s knees!

I didn’t like the rule when they put it in play but it is a rule now. CALL IT!

You answered your own question. It’s not called the Brady Rule for nothing.

I predict Colin Kaepernick’s Canton highlight in the “Hall of Busts” won’t be that QB sneak from yesterday. That was awesome to watch.

Texpack
    Participant

More so than ever, it is a week to week league.

Just a few weeks ago everyone was burying the Patriots and crowning the Broncs. Same for Pitt. And now the Chargers can’t get out of their own way. It is a long haul to the finish line.

The Texans offense, however, is the model of consistency. It sucks every week.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

* Sunday saw a rematch of David Amerson vs. Cordarrelle Patterson. The only two times (that I can recall) the ball being thrown Patterson’s way with Amerson covering, 1) Amerson let Patterson go thinking the safety would pick him up. He didn’t. The ball was way overthrown otherwise it would have been an easy touchdown 2) Amerson had better position on the ball than Patterson, staying ahead of him. He cradled the ball and, although he caught it over his shoulder, it was ruled incomplete because he landed out of bounds. On further review, it looked like a catch with the announcers and Mike Pierera (sp?) calling it a catch, but the incomplete call stood. Would have been a sweet interception.
    * Griffin had some illusive moments just to remind everyone why he was put back in at QB. Still held on to the ball too long at times and that last incompletion (not the very last, but the last one when they still had a chance) to Garcon that would have given them a first down was bad.
    * The good was that a QB was finally in who could hit DeSean Jackson in stride.
    The last two points are irrelevant if you’re not a Skins fan.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.