New Year’s Eve Football Recruiting Update

Home Forums All StateFansNation New Year’s Eve Football Recruiting Update

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Bsim412
    Participant

For the most part everything is quiet on the recruiting trail but there are still some areas to cover. Johnny Frasier is still the big time name left
    [See the full post at: New Year’s Eve Football Recruiting Update]

Texpack
    Participant

Now that the Yale guy is gone it should be easier to land a guy from Princeton.

ancsu87
    Participant

^ LOL. For UNC-CH I guess they will be going after guys from UNC-W (UNC by the KMART).

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Isn’t Princeton down somewhere near Tarboro ??

Another “Crumpler-type RB” would be nice…

As for UNC-w … WalMart is just as close and twice as big…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    ancsu87
    Participant

Isn’t Princeton down somewhere near Tarboro ??

Another “Crumpler-type RB” would be nice…

As for UNC-w … WalMart is just as close and twice as big…

Yes it is. I was sticking with the Ivy League reference not the actual football recruiting reference he so well played.

The KMART is or was right beside UNCWussy while the Walmart is down the road. Spent many a nights playing tennis on the campus while in high school. Probably learned more staring into the net dumbly than most of the students learned while attending class (or pretend to attend). But the girls were always nice.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Kmart is still exactly where you left it… :>}

… and it’s still Kmart and it’s still a better store than WallyA$$mart…
    ’cause you’ll find more Carolina fans at WallyA$$mart.

McCallum
    Participant

Is Frasier any good?

Were he all that IMO then Princeton (which is not the same as Princeville) should have won the state title going away. True 5 star talent can not be denied.

You will be hearing a great deal about a 5 star lineman out of Stephens County Georgia named Ben Cleveland. 6’7″ 322 lbs, the guy is not fat at all, big boned with great flexibility. Already committed to UGA, nice young man and still a junior.

Biggest puddin you will ever meet. Soft with zero aggression, his playing time was cut during the season.

Yet he is a 5 star.

McCallum

lawful
    Participant

Ha ha. I grew up in ILM too. We called it UNC by the K-Mart as well. If it’s not gone, it soon will be. I preferred Katie’s, Red Dogs, the Trolley Stop, and J. Michael’s.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ yep… that probably was before either New Center Drive or the big WallyA$$Mart was built…
    and College Road was called ‘132’…
    and there was nothing south of Shipyard but trees and sand and monkeys all the way to Carolina Beach…

Actually… I think the Kmart does pretty well… but Target probably hurts them more than WallyA$$Mart…

Katy sold Katies last summer and retired… I don’t know… but I think she might have moved back to Key West…
    Good girl.. good food…

ancsu87
    Participant

Yep 132 and the Totem Zone with elephant out front.

I spent more time in Red Dogs and the Palm Room but Goody Goody House was good for a quick lunch while in HS.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ and no Yankees…
    NHHS or Hoggard?

GoPack83
    Participant

He’s a soft to fsu and saban just made a home visit yet you report that you believe he’s is between nc state and duke? Either I do not follow your logic at all or I believe you seriously overestimate our prestige in the mechanical engineering department.

ancsu87
    Participant

^ and no Yankees…<br>
    NHHS or Hoggard?

No Yankees … LOL. It does seem overrun with them on my return trips.

NHHS 1982.

Bsim412
    Participant

GoPack83,

I report what I hear from different sources and all this is true. He is a soft commit to Florida State but will most likely not end up there because it is far away from home. The consensus is that Frasier wants to go to school close to home hence NC State and Duke. Yes Saban did visit him but Tuscaloosa is far away from Princeton. Alabama speaks for itself don’t get me wrong but like I said the vibe Frasier gives off is that he wants to stay close to home.

Next topic about mechanical engineering. I try to keep all my posts upbeat and positive. Frasier mentioned that he wants to major in mechanical engineering. As a student currently at NC State I know how extremely difficult the college of engineering is. I’m not knocking on the mechanical engineering department at all just stating that Frasier wants to major in it.

Thanks for the kind words.

Fastback68
    Participant

Bsim412, I like your style, kid. I say that (kid) with the utmost respect. The Old, the Insane, the Uppers, the Downers, the Good, the Bad and the Ugly are all represented quite well here, but not the Young. Feel free to play on the SFN lawn all day, every day.

Bsim412
    Participant

Thanks for the support Fastback68! I really appreciate it! I try to help give State fans free info so I appreciate any positive feedback.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.