New SFN Site Questions – Feedback

Home Forums All StateFansNation New SFN Site Questions – Feedback

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

If I have overlooked HOW TO DO this, then I apologize. Have two questions or feedback items.

General, the new site works well on a PC. I am NOT a BlogoGeek and do not post on any other sites. I am not a WordPress whiz. However, the PC format here works fine. I can use the simple bold and italics. I do not use the embedded stuff and I can change my avatar.

On my Droid (RAZR) MAXX, the formatting is less that acceptable. Each time you refresh the page, the normal columnar format is shrunk to about 60% of the screen. You have to expand it to fill the screen (horizontal). This is a bit annoying. The “sensitivity of the keyboard is not good. your “cursor” jumps around. It is if the app is slightly “unstable”….even for one line posts.

OK….QUESTIONS ON HOW TO….

First….how do you CONTACT SFN? In the OLD system, there was an Email Link. Do NOT see it here? Maybe a Button that I missed…If I had had this, then I would not have opened up the forum.

Forum Post Editing. I wanted to correct a minor thing in a Forum this morning. I was the “author” and when I opened the forum, there was NO edit option. Maybe that was because I was the AUTHOR. I have not gone back to other posts.

Repetitive postings…..I thought this might be a WordPress issue…which is FINE….just want to understand it. If you post a news item….then there is a follow-up news report with pertinent info, you have to use the EDIT to add the “Change”. That is for normal items or Topics on the Home page. I tried to post a different, SHORT, comment after I had written something. I could NOT do this. Is this in my system or is that the way it is coded or has that changed….this happened about a week ago. If it were a TOPIC post, you could edit it….but in a Forum post, you do NOT have that luxury…

Thanks for the upgrades….just wondering about the mechanics…..

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

RE: post editing… cannot edit a post after there are comments…. otherwise I’ve had no problem editing posts where I was the author.

… AND can we add back the private message/email functionality between SFN members ???

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

There is no visible edit button for droid that I can make out.

( Nobody needs it more than I )

MrPlywood
    Participant

The site won’t work on my iPod Touch, loading just grinds away then eventually shuts down Safari. Granted it’s a Gen2 running IOS 4.1, but it handles practically every other website out there. I have a feeling it has something to do with the ads.

highstick
    Participant

There is no visible edit button for droid that I can make out.

( Nobody needs it more than I )

I’m not far behind you!

I’ve been on a hiatus(not with Phil Robertson, though). I had to get my “TarHole Cheatin'” fix elsewhere…Will try to pay attention more now that the Forum is back..

Bill said he “missed my smart ass comments”!!! I will try to comply!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.