Never Too Early To The Hate Going… UN* game thread 2/10/18

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Never Too Early To The Hate Going… UN* game thread 2/10/18

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 226 total)
  • Author
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Hateometer at 27 on a 10 point scale.

TrickPony
    Participant

Guys, IDK, but I think something was wrong with Y7 which hurt us. He was a step slow and needed alot of breaks. Rebounding killed us. And KK needs to find a cure for Maye. I just don’t know if effort was the problem today.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Syracuse = must win.

albunde55
    Participant

Here’s a novel idea. How about not running at the jump shooter behind the 3 point line! Two games in a row not playing basic defense. Can I retract my two week old endorsement of this coach or is it too soon!

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Here’s a novel idea. How about not running at the jump shooter behind the 3 point line! Two games in a row not playing basic defense. Can I retract my two week old endorsement of this coach or is it too soon!

This. A HUNDRED times this. You don’t need to leave your feet to contest a three. That’s some elementary school shiite. Our guys constantly get embarrassed that way. Either the guy nails the three, or he cuts inside. And you’re left looking like a fool. Don’t leave your effin’ feet; it’s not that hard.

tractor57
    Participant

Close but not quite enough.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant
    BassPacker
    Participant

Not gonna win any game when an opposing player in last two games goes for over 30 pts on you. Mayes 27 in second half was unexcusable. Carolina shooting over 75% another dagger. Still had a chance with 3 minutes go. Can’t help wonder what was up with Abu getting more playing time than Yurt. No reports of him sick or hurt. On to the Orange, a lot of work to do it get a dance card now.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I’m not back. Nor will I ever be. But I just wanted to let you all know your saviour named Keatts is a sham. Just like every other coach we’ve taken the easy flier on in the past two decades, fundamentals matter not.

Rebounding. It’s easy to teach, and it only takes a little effort to do correctly. Yet, we never seem to be able to.

UNC – 41 NCSU – 24

UNC off rebs – 13 vs NCSU def rebs – 15

2nd chance pts. They got ’em, we didn’t stop ’em from getting to ’em. Lack of effort. Lack of knowledge.
    That’s coaching. This game should have been ours by 8-10 pts if we were well-coached. With our size, there is no excuse to get doubled up on the boards by anyone. You all need to watch how we (don’t) rebound next game against ‘Cuse. We’ll still probably win because ‘Cuse sucks. But you watch. We’re lazy on the glass. Just like always.

Sadly, as much as I hate Roy, I have to admit his teams are well-coached in the fundamentals.

12/19 at the line also sucks.

When Keatts is at Elon in five years, lets all buy season tix, eh?

etab4u
    Participant

I was wrong. Maye did have a career day. Yet again we allow one. What do we have to do to stop giving opponents career days? Rhetorical question.

Pack78
    Participant

Yurt spent a lot of time on the bench with a towel across his shoulders-at the game we speculated that the flu bug was a possibility-if so, hope he passed it to some of the Cheats…

wolfmanmat
    Participant

I’m not back. Nor will I ever be. But I just wanted to let you all know your saviour named Keatts is a sham. Just like every other coach we’ve taken the easy flier on in the past two decades, fundamentals matter not.

Rebounding. It’s easy to teach, and it only takes a little effort to do correctly. Yet, we never seem to be able to.

UNC – 41 NCSU – 24

UNC off rebs – 13 vs NCSU def rebs – 15

2nd chance pts. They got ’em, we didn’t stop ’em from getting to ’em. Lack of effort. Lack of knowledge.
    That’s coaching. This game should have been ours by 8-10 pts if we were well-coached. With our size, there is no excuse to get doubled up on the boards by anyone. You all need to watch how we (don’t) rebound next game against ‘Cuse. We’ll still probably win because ‘Cuse sucks. But you watch. We’re lazy on the glass. Just like always.

Sadly, as much as I hate Roy, I have to admit his teams are well-coached in the fundamentals.

12/19 at the line also sucks.

When Keatts is at Elon in five years, lets all buy season tix, eh?

A bit negative eh. Calling Keatts a bust or a savior at this point is a bit silly. He has coached a team that was not even 500 with more talent to a team that is bubble worthy. We will see what happens long term but certainly to throw Keatts under the bus already is silly.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… I made it all the way up and down I-40 in about 9 hrs…
    The worst part other than the final score was getting out the West Lot at the pNC…

And I see you guys held your own…

Oh yeah…. Wufpacker is back, but not back…
    Whatever…
    ——————

Short but sweet for now… but I’ve got a lot more to report….

1. Uncle Roy and Luke walked out of the tunnel together and all Uncle Roy said was…
    “IF you NOT going to play for me next season, this is the game your hometown people will remember you by…”

That’s was THAT….

2. In spite of THAT and with the TOTAL attention Luke required from every in Red&White, the rest of the Holes got their shots too… shooting 78% in the second half…

So we have Career half plus 78% shooting plus Rebounding, or the lack thereof…
    AND we’re only down 2pts with 1:34 to play…

Admittedly.. that’s a little Wolfpack spin…
    but let that sink in…

without the spin… them’s still the facts…

3. See above…

Without any doubt, THIS UN* team ranks with the 09-10 and 02-03 teams as the worst they’ve seen with Uncle Roy as the Head Coach.

94-89

OK… so we got ’em 2 out 3 this school year…
    that ain’t bad…

————————

Tommorrow afternoon, I’ll post what I really saw and I’m gonna promise you, I’m gonna tell the truth…

BOTB

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    freshmanin83
    Participant

If you are not back then I would kindly ask that you do not lob bombs and then disappear. Stock around and let’s have a conversation. Most people on this board are of the let’s wait and see as far as I can tell. If you never will be back then why post, your post seems to give the untruth to your statement.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^back is the new notBack ???
    ——————————————
    Hokies over the ‘hoos in OVERTIME in Charlottesville by ONE !!!

POP!!!

Wulfpack
    Participant

I was wrong. Maye did have a career day. Yet again we allow one. What do we have to do to stop giving opponents career days? Rhetorical question.

For starters, box out. And a little helpside every now and then would be good, too.

Texpack
    Participant

For starters, box out. And a little helpside every now and then would be good, too.

You’re right this is where the defense needs to improve. They have figured out the running them off the 3 pat line but that requires some help for the times you are a bit out of control getting there. At least make them throw 2-3 passes to find an open shot.
    In fairness to Keatts, he needs more athletic bigs to play this way. I think he’s done well with a makeshift roster. WF, GT, and BC are must wins
    Need one win against the group of Cuse, FSU and Louisville
    Anybody that said this team would be in bubble conversations half way through the conference schedule would have been drug tested if they worked for me.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Looks like we’re currently on the outside looking in (it will be interesting to get VaWolf’s update) but there are games to play. This Cuse game is huge.

Fastback68
    Participant

There was a highway sign for the 2017 unx hole team on I40 east coming from Tennessee and I read a note there’s one in Raleigh that went up 2 days ago. Public money for that bs. They have stained my home state. It’s a disgrace.

Wufpacker
    Participant

If you are not back then I would kindly ask that you do not lob bombs and then disappear. Stock around and let’s have a conversation. Most people on this board are of the let’s wait and see as far as I can tell. If you never will be back then why post, your post seems to give the untruth to your statement.

Valid points all.
    Apologies to all those whose panties got wadded from my “negative lob”. There was point to my comment, but I realize most of you aren’t privvy to why. Nor will its intended target ever see it anyway.

Apologies to the rest of you.

But no, I’m not back.

Pack78
    Participant

^^FB68-a poster on PP dug into the above sign question…here is the result:

NCDOT
    ?Verified account @NCDOT
    Jan 29 To recognize colleges and universities that win a national championship, the N.C. Board of Transportation has approved a program allowing signage to be installed along NCDOT roadways. Schools pay for the signs and requests must be approved by the Board of Transportation.
    4 replies 0 retweets 2 likes

Bet the NC GA could make an ‘exception’ for unx and use our tax dollars…

MrPlywood
    Participant

Apologies to all those whose panties got wadded from my “negative lob”.

I didn’t notice any wadded panties, except yours re: Keatts.

There was point to my comment, but I realize most of you aren’t privy to why. Nor will its intended target ever see it anyway.

Then there was no point to your comment.

But no, I’m not back.

Three posts means you’re back.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Apologies to all those whose panties got wadded from my “negative lob”. There was point to my comment, but I realize most of you aren’t privvy to why. Nor will its intended target ever see it anyway.

hey guys… methinks that “point” originates on the backside of SFN, not the front side…

@Wufpacker
    — Apology accepted Bro… you’re welcome here anytime in either ‘Back’ or notBack’ condition…

Fastback68
    Participant

Thanks Pack78, I came across that information as well. Sounds like the Charlotte 49er folks raised cain about it.

rthomas44
    Participant

Wolfpackers take heart…lost a close game..not by 51.

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 226 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.