NCAA Baseball: Super Regional Storylines

Home Forums All StateFansNation NCAA Baseball: Super Regional Storylines

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Wufpacker
    Participant

Yes, for Wolfpack Baseball the season came to an abrupt and painful end on Monday night in Fort Worth, TX, already known as “Black Monday” in my own p
    [See the full post at: NCAA Baseball: Super Regional Storylines]

highstick
    Participant

Where do you want the Aggies to go? They are about as far away from humanity as they can be already.

Go Vandy!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Wow, impressive job by Maryland. And good for UVA. And I still can’t believe that loss. I’ll try to care about the rest of the games, but it’s hard.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I think that Jim Harrick texted his protoege, Mark Gottfried and told him to pass this along to Elliott Avent, since they are close friends.

Elliott,

NCSU now understands how Pepperdine felt in 1983…..and it is still a bitter pill….

It has been a few days, but the memory lingers on…..

YogiNC
    Participant

V just plain outcoached every coach he came up against in that run. The Pepperdine game was a classic. West coast game that started around 11 eastern time and at 3:00 AM I was still watching when my wife stuck her head in the living room and asked “Is that game STILL on?” I just nodded my head without even looking up.

Smarter than the average bear

Wufpacker
    Participant

Miami and UVa both took their game ones.
    Gators spanking the ‘Noles 6-0 after 4.
    ‘Ville and CS Fullerton don’t get going ’til tomorrow at 11am.

Adventuroo
    Participant

YogiNC,

Yes, I and my extended NCSU family all watched it. I have it on VHS which has been converted to DVD. I still watch it and think we are going to lose.

Yes, my comment was probably a little off. Jim Harrick did get outcoached. His players choked and gave us the game. (Hmmm….that sounds a bit like Black Monday’s game).

In the Pepperdine game, I do not remember any Officiating influences…and I STILL wonder about the Balk calls…so maybe Elliott Avent gets a pass.

Was at Amedeo’s last night and asked if they had already taken down the black wreath over the Esposito-Tanner-Avent “Dug Out” area. Unfortunately, I had to explain that to my waitress….

Wufpacker
    Participant

daU sweeps VCU 2-0, first ticket punched to Omaha.
    ‘Ville falls in 10 innings, behind 0-1 in their series with Fullerton.
    UVa leading UMd early in game two 2-1, trying to close the Terps out today.
    Later, FSU will try to avoid elimination in Gainesville.

highstick
    Participant

YogiNC,

Yes, I and my extended NCSU family all watched it. I have it on VHS which has been converted to DVD. I still watch it and think we are going to lose.

Yes, my comment was probably a little off. Jim Harrick did get outcoached. His players choked and gave us the game. (Hmmm….that sounds a bit like Black Monday’s game).

In the Pepperdine game, I do not remember any Officiating influences…and I STILL wonder about the Balk calls…so maybe Elliott Avent gets a pass.

Was at Amedeo’s last night and asked if they had already taken down the black wreath over the Esposito-Tanner-Avent “Dug Out” area. Unfortunately, I had to explain that to my waitress….

Hope you got a table that you could “fit in”…Was there last fall and it took two booths before I could convince her that I was “too big” for those little tiny booths!!! I’m not even sure I could have fit in one of those back in the early 60’s…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

TheCOWDOG

How ’bout that horse!

Pharaoh!

Really…:-)

Wufpacker
    Participant

One side of the Omaha bracket is complete…UVa (def UMd 2-0), Arky (def MOST 2-1), Miami (def VCU 2-0) and Florida (def FSU 2-0) all have their tickets punched.

The other side of the bracket is still vacant. LSU tries to close out ULL at home and Vandy goes for the road sweep in Champaign (weather permitting…currently in a delay) tonight in game two’s, while ‘Ville/Fullerton and TCU/aTm will take it to game three’s tomorrow to decide the issue.

TheCOWDOG

Thought that the site might go 24 hrs.

Me…still on the long bus ride home, as it invades my dreams.

One f#cking, calming, trip to the mound and we would be bitching about why we didn’t finish off AtM.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Yup, I had to sweep the dead crickets out.

Wufpacker
    Participant

LSU and Vandy are in.
    In winner take all game 3’s, aTm leads TCU 1-0 after 2, and ‘Ville and Fullerton are knotted at 1 after 5.

TheCOWDOG

I would be a Titan honk, of course. If they get in…I watch.

But. Then there’s those nights on Jefferson’s front porch.

Wufpacker
    Participant

As much as last week still stings (can ya believe it’s been a week since that debacle???), I can’t help but admire TCU’s ballclub. Tenacious would be the word I’d use.

‘Ville’s closer didn’t seal the deal in the 8th, they gotta get one in the bottom 9th to avoid extras.

Day one of CWS will be ACC/SEC….Miami/FLA and UVa/Arky. If ‘Ville pulls it out, they’ll open up against Vandy on day two. SEC already has 4 in (LSU in addition to those stated above), could get a 5th if aTm can come back against TCU.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Louisville about to get screwed over….

Wufpacker
    Participant

CD’s endorsement works, Fullerton advances, ‘Ville is pissed.
    Horseshoe might have fallen out of TCU’s backside, trying to give their game away to aTm.

Wufpacker
    Participant

TCU has just enough pucker to hold the horseshoe in, but it took 16 innings to cash in. Nonetheless, both sides of the Omaha bracket are set. One half gets underway on Saturday, the other on Sunday.

Saturday: 3pm UVa/Arkansas, 8pm Miami/Florida
    Sunday: 3pm TCU/LSU, 8pm Vanderbilt/Fullerton

Wufpacker
    Participant

Hmmmmm….I came back to this thread to gloat, as I thought I had publicly made the prediction of an “All V” CWS finals rematch (Virginny vs Vandy), with both teams peaking at the ideal time. I guess I only thought it. Oh well.

Despite a letdown for most of the year (including getting punked by our very own boys 3 out of 4 times) UVa gets another go at ending the ACC’s 60 yr O-fer Omaha streak.

Last year the ‘Dores got the better of the ‘Hoos in the finals.

Game one of the best of three gets started Monday night, 8pm.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Wuf,

if you predicted this, then buy lottery tickets….I won’t argue with you….

I have been following the series as part of a curiousity and the fact that a good baseball game is a great sleep aid….with the timer set to turn off.

Listened to a bit of it last night on XM and the announcers were confident that FL was underestimating UVA and not putting them away and that UVA had this nasty habit of getting ahead after the 5th and winning.

Never know who will be playing and how they will play.

So, UVA gets a chance to redeem itself and also get an ACC check in the box.

Will be yelling (not wahooing) for them….

Wufpacker
    Participant

‘Roo, my predictions never seem to pan out when money or other stakes are involved. And I realized earlier today that not only had I not made the prediction publicly (though ‘Dog and BJD can each back me up that I made it), but I also now realize that it wasn’t until after 1st round games were already underway and both UVa and Vandy were already into the winners side of their respective brackets. Soooo yeah, much less impressive than I thought I was 😀

BJD95
    Keymaster

I am just here to give the finger to TCU, as I still haven’t watched a millisecond since the unspeakable thing happened to our Pack Nine.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Agreed on the TCU middle digit. Very happy they didn’t make it out of the bracket.

I’m not a huge ‘Hoos fan most of the time, and on average their fans are about as annoying as those from Chapel Hill. But the job that Brian O’Connor has done at UVa is really amazing, both this year’s turnaround at just the right time as well as the program he basically has built from scratch there. Wouldn’t mind seeing him finally get over the hump and get himself a ring.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Vandy and UVa split the first two, one game for all the marbles Wednesday night at 8pm.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.