NC State Wolfpack vs Missouri Tigers

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Wolfpack vs Missouri Tigers

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Our beloved Wolfpack and Frank Haith’s Missouri Tigers of the ‘Show Me State’ tangle tonight in a huge out of conference affair at 8:00 on ESPN2. Hait
    [See the full post at: NC State Wolfpack vs Missouri Tigers]

BJD95
    Keymaster

Ah, I will never get tired of “confused Frank Haith” pics. My lowdown from the one Mizzou fan I kind of know is that peeps aren’t sold on his ability one iota.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Confused Haith is the best Haith.

I’d be worried about the long term if I was a Mizzou bball fan.

choppack1
    Participant

Haith is a solid coach. We’ll see how he’s doing after a few years at Mizzou – that’s the true test right?

Huge non-conference game for us here tonight. It would be nice to get the “W”….We’ve gone from a team no one was talking about to a potential NCAA team…win 3 of the next 4 and we’re a likely team.

20 regular season games left…I’d put our magic # at 11 wins right now for an at-large NCAA bid.

choppack1
    Participant

We’ve made some huge gains in RPI and Kenpom lately..we’re certainly on the right track, but if we lose this game, we won’t be taken seriously. Win it…and we’re in almost everyone’s bracketology.

BJD95
    Keymaster

This is indeed a very important resume game. And LiveBlog worthy, methinks.

StateFans
    Keymaster

The more I realize that Mizzou’s strength is with three guards/wings, the more concerned I get about our depth issues if the refs call a tight game.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Jig,

These are excellent summaries and well crafted. I, as well as others, really appreciate them and look forward to them…..hope you have time to keep them coming….

Thanks….

PS….will someone please call the paramedics for a few, such as WilmWolf 80….they fainted when I only used 49 words.

choppack1
    Participant

Yea…the refs control a lot. This is why college basketball is closer to rasslin’ than an actual sport.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I take very little credit in today’s preview, this was a team effort.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Game Notes:
    NC State is 1-8 against Top 25 teams under Gottfried. So where’d we get the win? Last year at home against #1 Duke.

NC State leads the all time series with Missouri 2-1.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Hello Alamance County….

… another favorite son returns to Tobacco Road … just living the dream….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    PoppaJohn
    Participant

Yikes! 1-8 against top 25 teams??? Didn’t realize it was that bad. Well, we got our first OOC road win at UT, maybe we’ll double our record against the Top 25.

Super worried about Cat, Dez and Ralston dealing with the foul trouble.

RINGwolf
    Participant

Does 1-8 ignore NCAA tournament? I assume Georgetown was ranked.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I know my 10,000,000,000 comments won’t be missed, but I hate I’ll miss out on the fun & shenanigans in the game thread tonight. Pull us through, Pack faithful.

Go State

MrPlywood
    Participant

I have to hit the road right at game time, so it will be one of those afternoons when I’ll have to follow the score via WiFi and Touch, then hopefully hurry home (alliteration always brings good luck) to catch the last 10 minutes of a victory. Before the men’s contest I’ll try to catch some of the women’s game, and afterwards it will be UFC with Rousey-Tate aka Popped Elbow Part Deux, and Weidman-Silva aka The I Ain’t Jadeveon – No More Clownin’ Rematch.

Gowolves
    Participant

In the little I have seen of Mizzou they like to play zone a defense. That has given this team problems on offense. A tight called game can hurt us but they are thin as well and if they (refs) call it tight it will even out. I think we will have more talent standing at the end. The fouls cannot come early though. Buckets and barber cannot foul out. Our perimeter defense is the weak link but we have shot changers on the back line to make a difference.

Random thoughts by jack handy.

Gowolves
    Participant

I’ll be there. Go Pack!!!!

PackFamily
    Participant

“NC State is 1-8 against Top 25 teams under Gottfried. So where’d we get the win? Last year at home against #1 Duke. ”

I have us with 3 wins and 12 losses, including the 2012 Tourney. You must be counting only regular season for wins? Still confused on losses.

My source is Wikipedia’s entries for each season:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011%E2%80%9312_NC_State_Wolfpack_men%27s_basketball_team
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_NC_State_Wolfpack_men%27s_basketball_team

TheCOWDOG

Ernest T Bass…err Ross, also pulls the prodigal son routine.

After a rough road from Panther Creek of Cary, he has is act together. Not good, but sometimes things don’t go all that well.

I mean …” You can never go back home.” Right?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Au contraire mon chien ami. 😉

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^Coach Haith probably ain’t going back to Dr. Debbie’s hometown any time soon…
    at least not for more than a short holiday visit…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    redcanine
    Participant

Let’s John Force this thang!

-get out to a fast start
    -leave ’em in the dust
    -gumsmackin’ swagger

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.