NC State Wolfpack at Clemson Tigers Preview

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Wolfpack at Clemson Tigers Preview

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Time for another Road Trip!!! Textile Bowl Style. Yes my fellow Wolfpackers it’s time again for the Pack to take the show on the road, this time to Cl
    [See the full post at: NC State Wolfpack at Clemson Tigers Preview]

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Unfortunately, this looks like an objective and realistic prediction. One I hope is wrong, mind you, because I would love to see the Wolfpack D play like they’ve all collectively got a mouthful of Ghost Peppers and are mad as hell and take out their frustrations against Clemson’s passing game.

I’d like NC State’s chances of an upset if they were at home, but this one definitely tilts into the Tigers’ favor.

Guess I’ll have to get my sports joy on Sunday when United gives Everton some payback.

Texpack
    Participant

The 1979 game in Clemson, when we essentially clinched our most recent ACC Football Championship with a goal line stand, still ranks as one of my all time favorite moments in sports. I rode that one out in the Clemson student section.

Tomorrow will likely be a 45-35 win for the Tiggers. Their new QB is a huge upgrade and lessens our chances at victory substantially if he plays like he did last Saturday. Our best shot is that we picked some things up on tape that were exposed by the number of snaps he took last weekend. If the game were in Raleigh I’d also think there was a shot we could get him rattled. This will be our first real road game. I don’t count the open scrimmage, with Jacoby’s family making up half of the crowd, in Tampa.

13OT
    Participant

Most of us agree on Clemson scoring a lot of points.

The uncertainty is whether or not State will score a lot of points. I have a feeling we won’t. I hope our defense shows up.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Despite the shared pessimism, that was a really good preview. Good Job!

In summary, the defense is as bad as many expected. The good news is that the offense is much better than my worst case scenario.

ncsu1987
    Participant

Outstanding preview. Unfortunately, I agree with your conclusions. If we come out closer than 14, we’ll have had a good day. True goal is to test the S&C again and try to emerge without significant injuries.

If we make a good showing tomorrow, I’ll be very excited about the rest of the season.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Here is some important information about injuries for both teams and Clemson’s OL from BackingthePack.

PapaJohn
    Participant

Nice work.
    Unfortunately, no matter how you analyze this one – and you did a great job – there is no other conclusion.

One interesting take on the game will be to see how successfully the coaches have gotten the players to put FSU behind them. If they come out flat, that will be the first concern that comes to mind.

tjfoose1
    Participant

I WANT a win, but more importantly, I just want the team to “show up”. I want the coaches to highlight by contrast the massive failure of the previous coaching staff in this area. TOB’s consistent inconsistency of roller coaster performances was a big indicator of the gap between players and coach.

The coaches is were it starts, but the players have to finish it. I want the players to show me they understand the effort and mindset required to become champions. Strength of body AND strength of mind. Lay it all out, for the guys next to you, for your coaches on the sideline, and for yourself. In that order.

Mistakes with effort are not to what I’m referring in the above. I’m looking at preparation, attitude, effort, and in-game focus.

Show me that, be dialed in, and win or lose, the rest will follow.

Greywolf
    Participant

I’m looking at preparation, attitude, effort, and in-game focus.
    Show me that, be dialed in, and win or lose, the rest will follow.

Can I getta Amen?

PackFamily
    Participant

Things have changed when we’re discussing Clemson’s strength on defense.

tjfoose1
    Participant

The above is the true test for the team I referenced earlier in the week.. when I wrote it was not Clemson.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Guess I’ll have to get my sports joy on Sunday when United gives Everton some payback.

No way, man. Old Trafford is Roberto’s bitch now! COYB!!

Gowolves
    Participant

Man U! Rooney is going to find some glory of the past!

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Old Trafford is Roberto’s bitch now! COYB!!

Don’t get used to it. Manchester United are putting together a team that will vie for the Champions League.

Seriously, all trash talk aside, I expect a good game and am hopeful my boys can bring home the points.

TheCOWDOG

Upset special and a defensive coming of age.

You watch my boy Wright.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

More Injury Updates:

N.C. STATE

No report issued

CLEMSON

PROBABLE: Charone Peake, WR (knee); Adam Choice, RB (thigh)

OUT: Oliver Jones, OT (knee); Zac Brooks, RB (foot); Tyshon Dye, RB (Achilles); Travis Blanks, S (knee); Martin Jenkins, CB (foot); Joe Gore, OL (appendicitis)

Greywolf
    Participant

and a defensive coming of age.

I thought the thought but didn’t have the cojones to say it.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I don’t think we’ll have a defense (other than of the “avert thine eyes” varietal) until 2016. I hope that I am wrong about that.

But hey, winning 52-49 is more fun than 10-7 anyway.

Fastback68
    Participant

I know I go to the Sheridan well often but I always had the feeling that State was well prepared and ready to play from start to finish when he was pacing the sideline. Just as soon as last Saturday’s game was over, I have been wondering how the team responds this week as highlighted by so many other posters. Torry Holt’s Halloween game (4tds) in 1998 is one of my favorites. Give me a late Sade field goal to win!! 52-49 sounds about right.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

cojones === AMEN from the beach….

Somebody’s hopes and dreams are gonna die in Death Valley today…
    but it ain’t gonna be the WOLFPACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Greywolf
    Participant

Does anybody else get the delicious irony of FSU defenders laying on the field, gassed, trying to slow our offense down? Are we going to see the same thing this week with Clemson trying to slow our offense down so their great defense can catch it’s breath? Why do I have the feeling that Coach Canada has something planned for Mr. Beasley? Maybe I’m wrong but this is the level of confidence I have in the Pack these days. Rob Crisp, if you have any pro aspirations, this is the week to raise your draft stock.

Defense? Mr. DOG says they are coming of age. Let it be, oh, let it be!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.