NC State vs. Florida State – The Last 10 Years

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State vs. Florida State – The Last 10 Years

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    ruffles31
    Keymaster

With #1 and defending champion Florida State coming to Carter-Finley Stadium this weekend, an improving Wolfpack team looks to pull the upset in a pla
    [See the full post at: NC State vs. Florida State – The Last 10 Years]

Greywolf
    Participant

Great write-up! Just what we need here and now.

According to statistics a likely FSU win is 83%. Any sane person knows FSU will win. So what? Sanity is not statistical.

Coach Doeren has asked, “Why not us?” or maybe it’s a statement phrased as a question. Either way, WHY NOT US!

Can you believe this?
    The Free Dictionary » Quote of the Day » For the strength of the Pack is the Wolf, and the strength of the Wolf is the Pack.

Are the stars lining up for a Wolfpack upset?

THE WOLF

“Now is the Law of the Jungle—as old and true as the sky;
    And the wolf that shall keep it may prosper, but the wolf that shall break it must die.
    As the creeper that girdles the tree-trunk, the Law runneth forward and back—
    For the strength of the pack is the wolf, and the strength of the wolf is the pack.”
    Rudyard Kipling

Texpack
    Participant

I will be more interested in how we handle the mental part of this game than anything else. FSU has vastly superior talent and depth, so the path to victory for the Pack has to run right between our ears. We have to be +3 in turnovers+blocked kicks+kick returns for TD’s and we have to be +50 in penalty yards. We have to handle their inevitable big plays without losing our poise. The most likely scenario is still FSU putting up better than 700 total yards and burying us early, but I like the progress DD has made in the “playing smart” department enough to give us a punchers chance.

Trout
    Participant

Since you mentioned the 2010 loss to a B1G team:

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Ohio-State-Returns-Tickets-for-Maryland-Game-31486575

(Ohio State returns tickets for their game next week at MD)

Trout
    Participant

Since that B1G team was mentioned:

http://maryland.247sports.com/Bolt/Ohio-State-Returns-Tickets-for-Maryland-Game-31486575

(Ohio State is returning part of their allotment for the game next week at MD)

WV Wolf
    Keymaster

Nice recap. Not being able to keep all of your FSU wins straight in your head is a good problem to have.

PackFamily
    Participant

Great writeup. Life can be in some ways measured by Wolfpack Football seasons.

I am optimistic that we may be catching FSU on a downswing… i am worried that we may be the game they straighten out their problems.

redisgood
    Participant

DE Mario Edwards Jr, and DT Niles Lawrence-Stample were both injured in the Clemson game, and are out for our game. Lawrence-Stample’s injury was season ending.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Official BJD song for this game. No, I have no idea why.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.