NC State Helmets Go Old School for BC

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Helmets Go Old School for BC

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Author
    Pack92
    Participant

Take our new carbon black helmets (minus the ridiculous red in back) and wrap a bigger red Tuffy on that. Similar to a Boise State or Mizzou helmet.

It really isn’t hard to get OUR brand to look halfway decent instead of like something a pee-wee football team wears.

jrcox4
    Participant

As much as I liked the carbon fiber helmets, I’m a big fan of the matte black with logo look. Think VT a few years ago when they played Boise in those slick computer chip uni’s.

packbackr04
    Participant

i like the logo. i wish we would do all white more. I also think it would look nice if we did a white matte helmet with the all white unis.

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

I’m not even going to get into the branding of the red block “S” that 95% of the country thinks is for Stanford.

NC State first employed the “Block S” in the late 1880s shortly after its inception and a couple of years before Leland Stanford’s farm was converted into a university.

If uniforms didn’t matter to recruits, nobody would be spending money on it.

Recruiting is only part of the equation. Alternate uniforms and gear have demonstrated increased sales in gear. A consistent “third” uniform is the highest selling, hence the move to ‘black jerseys’ that you see a lot of professional teams wearing from time to time. It’s slightly less pronounced but nonetheless still true for university teams.

At the end of the day, uniform variations and press releases for it only enhance brand awareness — something that certainly does not hurt recruiting.

BullPack
    Participant

The latest version of the block S has never worked for me. As Wulfpack mentioned earlier the N & C are invisible from a distance. To me, from a distance, this latest version of the block S is a hot mess. It would be better if the S and the N & C were contrasting colors. Perhaps a red S and White N & C and vice-versa depending on uniform.

Wulfpack
    Participant

NC State first employed the “Block S” in the late 1880s shortly after its inception and a couple of years before Leland Stanford’s farm was converted into a university.

Saying “I was here first” is not much of a marketing strategy.

Wufpacker
    Participant

eas
    Participant

The Tuffy helmet is Awesome in my book (yes I also really like the “S” as well). You can’t make everybody happy but at least we are trying change that relates to the history of the school.

I like it…

MP
    Participant

^^ LOL. Love it! Let’s break it out for our bowl game this year!

StateRed44
    Participant

Agree. Tuffy is for kid and baby tee shirts, looks juvenile on a helmet or floor. Love the block S. Don’t care what Stanford does or what some left coaster or yankee casual idiot fan thinks. That has nothing to do with nothing. Same regarding “State”. It is who we are.

StateRed44
    Participant

This concept of trying to think up a gimmicky niche for our logos so as not to look too similar as another is retarded. Stanford is using a similar design as us, how has it hindered their program? We must get better, period.

eas
    Participant

I like them both (Tuffy and the block S). Obviously the S looks better on a lot of stuff (especially clothing).

I got no problem either way. Just keep the awful NSC logo far far away and all is good 🙂

Greywolf
    Participant

Alpha’s comment:

Saying “I was here first” is not much of a marketing strategy.

I don’t get the relationship between what Alpha commented and your comment.

AsheWolf
    Participant

Tuffy only for kid’s and babies’ tee shirts? I wouldn’t let Tuffy hear that. He might rip some fake claw marks into your shoulders.

LRM
    Keymaster

Tuffy is a hero who, when an inept marketing department tried to push the drowning rats logo on us in the mid-to-late 90s, stood on that wall and said “Not on my watch.”

Philip Rivers has Tuffy blood running through him.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Y’all better get used to seeing Tuffy, especially from the neck up. His big head is all over the basketball court this year, remember?

Since74
    Participant

Drowning rats?

Wufpacker
    Participant

Viewing 18 posts - 26 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.