NC State Football By The Numbers – Post Men Of Troy Edition

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State Football By The Numbers – Post Men Of Troy Edition

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    WV Wolf
    Keymaster

Here are the stats and national rankings after the Wolfpack’s season opening win over the Men of Troy. Team Stats – ACC & National Rank in Parentheses
    [See the full post at: NC State Football By The Numbers – Post Men Of Troy Edition]

PackFamily
    Participant

A little surprising to see the low 3rd down offense percentage. Must be the end-of-the-game part where that stat went down.

I also don’t see a category for “Hit So Hard Helmet Flew Off” Dravious Wright – 1

I normally don’t join in the celebration of such things as kids are getting hurt, but that QB seems to have shaken it off well.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Punting
    A.J. Cole: 4 punts, 37.8 avg, long of 45, 2 inside 20yd line

Kickoffs
    Jackson Maples: 7 KO, 65.0 avg, 6 touchbacks

Considering the competition, these are two of the most useful stats.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

Yeah, the kickoffs looked good. Nice to see all the touchbacks.

Greywolf
    Participant

Red Zone Defense: 100.0% (9, 62)

I have proven time and time again that I don’t diddly squat about statistics but how can our Red Zone Defense be 100.0%. Troy scored from the 3, which is in the RZ. Help me here, please.

WV Wolf
    Keymaster

Troy was 1 for 1 scoring in the red zone. So our opponents red zone percentage is 100%. Might make more sense to list red zone defense at 0 but the NCAA lists it as 100.

Greywolf
    Participant

Thanks, WV Wolf. “How was your Red Zone defense?” We were 80% successful. They got in our RZ 5 times and scored 4 of the 5. “WTF?” 😉

ruffles31
    Keymaster

Thanks WV. I was very surprised to see that State leads the ACC and nation in both time of possession and fewest penalties. Good statistics to be at the top of the leaderboard. Those statistics don’t always have a direct correlation on the W-L record, but they aren’t too bad.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.