NC State 83 Tennessee 72

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State 83 Tennessee 72

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Greywolf
    Participant

Wish we could further develop our relationship with Tennessee Vols by setting up a football series(again),

What happened to the home and home we had set up with Tennessee and wound up playing one game in Atlanta? The answer to that question may be the answer to yours.

Greywolf
    Participant

I’d go to their place twice for 1 trip to Raleigh.

And how would that help with our OOC home schedule? We had a home and home set up with LSU and ESPN wanted them to play Cuse on TV. LSU didn’t want to play 2 ACC teams in one season (afraid of what?) and wanted us to switch to 2020 something. Yow said no so LSU defaulted on their contract. Then there was the ND game that the league canceled when ND quasi-joined the ACC…

Never mind LSU and ND, what we don’t need is to be scheduling any 2 and 1’s which would really screw with the economics of our Athletic department as we would be short home game revenue.

ancsu87
    Participant

And really, Gott’s teams have taken a while to gel. It seems like every year, we’re out of the tournament, and then go on a run to end the season and squeak in. This team just feels like it has a lot of potential to me.

Have to agree with this assessment of Gott’s teams and this year’s team potential. I find it interesting and encouraging that the defense looks improved and SFN seems to agree since we are bitching about the offense performance mostly.

I recall Valvano always used to say the reg season conf title was not his goal. He wanted to improve and peak in March and win an ACCT and go into NCAA on a roll. Of course this was also his dig at CW Dean always crowing about reg season titles.

In the early part of the season people would scratch their head and wonder where Valvano got his rotations from. By the end of the year he had a pattern and some of the “goofy” ones actually came to play against NCAAT foes with different skill sets and physical play than the ACC. I think Gott coaches in a similar way.

KW reminds me of a long ago left hander we had named Russell Pierre. I loved his energy, rebounding and defense but some of his 12-15 ft shots almost broke the backboard.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I like how experimental and flexible MG is being with his player rotations. I agree with the above that it is V-like in nature. As long as he doesn’t bury anyone too deeply, like I worried would happen to Des.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.