NC State 42 Syracuse 29

Home Forums All StateFansNation NC State 42 Syracuse 29

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

NC State used a balanced attack amassed 276 yards on the ground and 235 in the air on Saturday as the Wolfpack downed Syracuse, 42-29 in Carter-Finley
    [See the full post at: NC State 42 Syracuse 29]

Wulfpack
    Participant

A good solid win. Giant game (obviously) next week. UNC will likely enter the game ranked in the top 15. We can’t knock them out of the championship game but we can ruin their unblemished ACC record, and put to rest any silly playoff talk. Go Pack

Texpack
    Participant

The season is next Saturday. You know UNC-CHeat remembers getting their a**** handed to them last year. I’d like nothing more than a repeat performance where we beat Marquis Williams into submission again and prove that he’s only a dual threat because he fumbles and throws INTs with equal precision. Hate Week has begun.

We should also be aware that EVERY review next week will go against us. Swofford is determined to validate the Cheats and he really wants to keep the hype up for the ACC CG.

BJD95
    Keymaster

We were NOT sharp. Took our foot off their throat multiple times, Jacoby was meh, gave up some big plays. All that shit has to get tightened up for next Saturday, or I’m gonna be a very, very, VERY angry man.

PackerInRussia
    Participant

I’m just glad it’s a home game. It would be double worse to be playing them in a revenge game at their place. Unless of course they lost again. I bet everyone will be at the top of their game – players and coaches – for this game. They know what’s up.

13OT
    Participant

Does anyone know which affiliate, ABC or ESPN, will air this game in Washington DC? I’ll be there but w/0 cable, but would be able to watch it on ABC if the DC affiliate will carry that game instead of another regional game.

Texpack
    Participant

Does anyone know which affiliate, ABC or ESPN, will air this game in Washington DC? I’ll be there but w/0 cable, but would be able to watch it on ABC if the DC affiliate will carry that game instead of another regional game.

Google the coverage maps for confirmation, but I’d be shocked if ours wasn’t the ABC game in DC.

PackFamily
    Participant

We don’t match up well against the Heels and the gap is larger this year than any since maybe ’97. IF we are to beat them, i see two strengths we can exploit: Our strong Dline getting to MW consistently and our run blocking (and subsequent running game/clock control)

Wulfpack
    Participant

All things being equal they are a better, much more explosive team. But crazier things have happened. I actually think we have the psychological edge this week after they clinched in Blacksburg.

JohnGalt78
    Participant

^^^^^ Hate Week….I like that Tex. One of you Key Ring Master Lords start a thread. I want to hate on those cheating bastards all week long.

john of sparta
    Participant

like TEX said: The season is next Saturday.
    so is our coaching staff and AD.

BJD95
    Keymaster

They ain’t that different from the group whose teeth we kicked in last year. We have improved since then, too.

Texpack
    Participant

They ain’t that different from the group whose teeth we kicked in last year. We have improved since then, too.

THIS. They know it too. At the first sign of domination in the run game all of that swagger will vanish like Harry Houdini. They choked just thinking USC was an “SEC” team to open the season. They also know the program is headed for Sun Belt status after the sanctions hit and the pressure of now or never will start to weigh. I hope they move WAY up this week and start to think they have a shot at the playoffs.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Updated bowl projections have us in the Military Bowl against Navy or the Belk Bowl against LSU.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Updated bowl projections have us in the Military Bowl against Navy or the Belk Bowl against LSU.

The latter PLEAZ, we owe ’em for cancelling on us!

pack_time
    Participant

This game is the biggest of doerens tenure. Beating the cheats is a must especially on our field. The cheats will come in trying to deliver the knock out punch very early. The first possession is crucial in this game. They will try trick plays or rub routes to switzer. Nyheim Hines is a key player in this game. The cheats can not defend the run and if we get that going play action to Hines would be killer.
    Our D line is in my opinion better and much more athletic than last year. Expect a heavy dose of blitzing and pressure from them.
    Special Teams is where this game will be won.
    Barnard needs to get some confidence in him, he needs to see himself make it. And lastly containing switzer in the return game is huge.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Switzer can’t run one back if we refuse to punt. We should only do so under the most extreme of circumstances.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Both would be tough outs. That big kid at LSU would give us fits and the running game of Navy is fun to watch as well. How the hell hasnt Ken N not been hired somewhere by now. Its obvious that dude can coach. Wish Yow would have looked at him harder.

ryebread
    Participant

BJD: I’m with you on that one. Our mission every time we get the ball should be to put it in the end zone. UNC is going to score. If we’re going to win, we’re going to have to score early and often. While field position will be important, this game won’t be won playing Beamerball.

I don’t like our chances, but I really hope the team proves me wrong.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

BJD: I’m with you on that one. Our mission every time we get the ball should be to put it in the end zone. UNC is going to score. If we’re going to win, we’re going to have to score early and often. While field position will be important, this game won’t be won playing Beamerball.

I don’t like our chances, but I really hope the team proves me wrong.

Not to sound redundant but I think the only way we can win this game and by pulverize Williams. We have to hit him hard the very first play and not let up.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Hit Quise a bunch, be VERY aggressive on 4th down. We can and should do both.

Saw that if FSU gets into a “New Year’s 6” game, we supposedly would be the Gator Bowl’s favourite. Win OR lose.

So…hope they rack up some major style points against the shitty Gators.

That would also be an SEC foe.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.