natty championship thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation natty championship thread

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Wolfanatic
    Participant

Prior to the game I was thinking about which team I wanted to win. I absolutely would pull for anyone against FSU, even the Soviet Red Army, but I really can’t stomach Auburn either. My first thought was that an FSU win, coupled with Clemmons’ win over THE Ohio State jackasses, might bring the ACC a bit more respect in the world of college football. But, has it really? Will it? FSU and Clemmons might get more respect, but I doubt that the conference will. To SEC and Big10 fans these two wins mean little in terms of conference strength. To them, FSU and CU are the only two programs in the ACC that are worthy of mention in college football discussions. The rest of the conference is mediocre at best in their eyes. (However, the Big10 is no juggernaut without Ohio State and, say, Michigan.) Until the ACC can develop some perennially strong programs out side of FSU and CU, it will always be viewed as a basketball conference, first and foremost. Sadly, until we have 6-7 recurring strong programs, the ACC will be the Rodney Dangerfield of BCS conferences.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

OK… so all the professional “talking heads” can talk about is Jamieus Winston and TreVan Martin….
    Winston did not put the Noles in that 21-3 hole.

The REAL story last night was….

1. The battle in the trenches… which was for all practical purposes … a draw…
    2. FSU’s secondary which did play as well as seen in other big games this season or as expected for this game…. those key fourth quarter turnovers notwithstanding.
    3. Jimbo “going all in” in the first half with fake punt. People will hesitate to question Jimbo’s coaching abilities from now on.
    4. Auburn’s offensive game plan and sets and the confusion they created at the snap. People will also hesitate to question Gus’s coaching abilities from now on.

Not necessarily in that order.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    tjfoose1
    Participant

People will hesitate to question Jimbo’s coaching abilities from now on.

I bet they don’t.

Wulfpack
    Participant

I don’t know how much cred the ACC will get, but FSU is getting a bunch. And that was even the case before last night’s win. Clemson earned a lot beating the likes of LSU, UGA and Ohio State. And even though Duke lost, they earned a ton of respect nationally with how they played against TAMU. I agree it doesn’t quite add up to conference success as a whole but it is a very big step in the right direction. We did not uphold our end of the bargain, that much is for sure.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

… foose… as you may know… as with any conversation regarding football south of I-20…. Florida GatorHoles are excluded.

:>}

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.