N.C. State vs. Wake Forest, 7:30 pm

Home Forums StateFans Basketball N.C. State vs. Wake Forest, 7:30 pm

Viewing 4 posts - 251 through 254 (of 254 total)
  • Author
    tractor57
    Participant

Fair point but I tend to disagree a bit. I did see a couple of serious errors by the refs – one was mentioned by the hated Len Elmore who I thought added something useful at times. It just gets to be the usual that regardless of the sport or the particular game it is always about the officiating. I thought tonight it was more about allowing the refs to call fouls by actually committing those fouls. Case in point is Anya – 4 of the fouls were not doubt his to own. The 5th not so much. Dex was a foul machine tonight. I’m sure Wake fans also thought their team was jobbed.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Fair point but I tend to disagree a bit. I did see a couple of serious errors by the refs ā€“ one was mentioned by the hated Len Elmore who I thought added something useful at times. It just gets to be the usual that regardless of the sport or the particular game it is always about the officiating. I thought tonight it was more about allowing the refs to call fouls by actually committing those fouls. Case in point is Anya ā€“ 4 of the fouls were not doubt his to own. The 5th not so much. Dex was a foul machine tonight. Iā€™m sure Wake fans also thought their team was jobbed.

^Very fair. My lamentation had more to do with the amount of whistles rather than State getting the short end of the stick … but as you say, if they’re legit, they’re legit.

Rick
    Keymaster

My complaint was not about the officiating being one sided but about there bring too many calls. Fifty fouls is ridiculous. Either the refs are not being consistent or they want to be the center of attention. IMO it is the biggest problem with basketball. If is boring to watch a FT contest.

And to think the game now is anything like what was played in the eighties is crazy. Much more enjoyable game back then. Much

BJD95
    Keymaster

Especially when you take into account that it was NOT a particularly physical game.

Viewing 4 posts - 251 through 254 (of 254 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.