N.C. State vs. La. Tech – 7pm

Home Forums All StateFansNation N.C. State vs. La. Tech – 7pm

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 273 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

I never understood why anyone thought we would be better after losing buckets and Lewis

Warren, eh, no replacing a guy like that.

But Barber was as good as Lewis on average, and much better by the end of the season. So you assume he improves, everyone else gets a little better, Lacey comes in and averages 15ish, it’s not crazy to think we’d be decent this year without those two.

Lacey has kept up his end of the bargain.
    Lewis had guts that I never saw on cat.
    I also believe buckets covered up a lot of flaws.

pakfanistan
    Participant

A festivus for the rest of us.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

It’s pretty clear that some major changes have been made in our offensive sets and we’re hesitantly working out the kinks…

Kids GOTT some thing on their minds… and hearing voices in their heads…

That said, I’ve already more Pass first -shoot second and more movement and better positioning in the paint than all season…
    The side effect of that is our FG% …

Now … that FG% will go up in the second half and with a little defense, we can get back in this game…
    Otherwise… it ain’t looking too good…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

Gottfried should have never benched Tyler Lewis. I know he was small etc., but that kid could play. He knew how to run an offense like a QB and he had sooooo much heart. Cat seems to be a street baller–he can’t play organized basketball to save his life. And Gottfried’s lack of defense is really showing. I know 3 straight trips to the NCAA sounds great and all, but I don’t see us making another one with this group of guys, meaning we’re out of the tourney for at least 2-3 years. And Gott may be out of a job by that time.

I remember I said people would be bemoaning the kids off Lewis.

WolfWiz11
    Participant

Cat was NEVER better than Lewis. It’s simply because we saw Cat play in smaller doses last year. I was VERY underwhelmed with his play, but we all tricked ourselves into thinking, “Oh, he’ll get better during the offseason.” NOPE!

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Turner pressing

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Turner pressing

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

new flash…

Lacey is playing Point Guard on the first three offensive possessions of the second half…
    Cat at the wing…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

In all seriousness we no longer run the UCLA high post in the half court, it’s always a 1-3-1 zone offense and we suck at it. Not sure if it’s the players, the coaches, or both but it needs to be scrapped and replaced with something Gottfried is supposed to have apprenticed under.

Rick
    Keymaster

Working out the kinks.
    That is a very ‘glass half full’ way if looking at it.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

How in the world does Washington position himself to allow his teammate to take him out of position on defense when no one else is around?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Better enery this half, can’t make a layup

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Even if State magically starts making shots it doesn’t matter, we still can’t defend our way out of a wet paper sack.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

We have no answers for competent defensive teams. It’s Lacey and Turner or bust.

Tonight it’s bust.

redcanine
    Participant

La Tech knows us better than we know ourselves.

ILPackfan
    Participant

Gosh, if this is how this team responds to defensive pressure, I can hardly wait for Duke, Louisville, UNC, Syracuse, Virginia, etc.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

There’s that weak 5 feet off the shooter hold out your hand but cheating towards the basket defense. Glad it works so well.

44rules
    Participant

Get the tune in radio app and you can hear Gary describe this disaster.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Wonder if this is going to be another “good loss”?

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Why Caleb? Why?

Rick
    Keymaster

Snort

Wufpacker
    Participant

Caleb’s dumb ass should sit for a while after that. Mental weakness…look at the scoreboard and shut your mouth son.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

La Tech has an rpi of 200+. No.

Wofford has an rpi in the 40’s. Define it how you want.

44rules
    Participant

I foresee many this year. I’m mondo deflated.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

pakfanistan
    Participant

Dammit, don’t give me hope.

Viewing 25 posts - 76 through 100 (of 273 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.