Michael McAdoo provides the link…

Home Forums All StateFansNation Michael McAdoo provides the link…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Prowling Woofie
    Participant

From this morning’s N&O – Thanks, Dan Kane (and Michael McAdoo) !!!

http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/01/15/3535977/former-unc-player-ties-counselors.html

Was only a matter of time before one of these guys stepped up and officially connected the dots. Maybe more dominoes will come forward and the House That Dean Built will come down, banners and all….

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I think that it was reported long ago that the academic counselors pointed athletes towards Professor ‘Roo.

But what I found interesting was the fact that the O’Bannon lawyers are going to use UNC as proof that athletes are not necessarily being given an education. But even without the exposure of sham classes, pretty much everyone knew that many athletes were in majors with no real career path…other than professional sports.

When he made the paper public as part of his lawsuit, rival N.C. State fans found numerous examples of plagiarism.

This gave me a good chuckle to start the morning.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

“Willingham filed a seven-page “declaration” of support for the athletes in U.S. District Court in Oakland, Calif., this week…” (in the O’Bannon Case against the NCAA)

Ya’ll may remember it was first suggested here on SFN — weeks ago — that the national attention now being shown *NC had nothing to do with *NC and everything to do with the NCAA.

Watch what happens next…. *NC will confess its sins, find new faith and cross the street and become a passionate leader for TOTAL NCAA REFORM with DOOK following closely behind.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    SaccoV
    Participant

BOB, I don’t doubt that *n* will take every opportunity to absolve themselves of responsibility. I don’t believe they will escape this predicament so cleanly because it hits at the heart of what they claim to be, the beacon of academic pride encased in an athletic juggernaut. It’s been obvious to so many of us so long, but the harm to the academic brand is permanent. As for the lawsuit, this type of argument worked well in the Leandro case in NC, but this one offers some vastly different outcomes. To exemplify the greatest irony, Swoff’s alma mater will go down in history as the greatest cheater and destroy the only governing body in college sports.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

“Swoff’s alma mater will go down in history as the greatest cheater and destroy the only governing body in college sports.”

Works like a charm for me !!!

And it’s the only way out.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    NCSU88
    Participant

Gotta wait until June for the trial. Should make for interesting summer reading. In a way, I feel bad for McAdoo, because his destruction by the defense is what will make the case even stronger.

hickoryhound
    Participant

It is obvious to most of us that this has become criminal in nature – what we are seeing is a major systemic problem. The University)UNC-Chapel Hill), by proxy it’s employees, is and has been in control of this scheme on multiple levels. As members of the National Collegiate Athletic Association, they are supposed to self monitor their program. The NCAA does not have mechanisms in place to be a full force investigative body. They have no legal jurisdiction or subpoena powers. UNC-CH knows this and they have been gaming the system. The Powers That Be here in North Carolina seem to apparently have a vested interest in maintaining the status quo of this corruption. The UNC Board of Governors and the NC Legislature that has appointed them have done nothing and it is(n’t) funny how everything always tilts in the direction of Chapel Hill at everyone else’s expense.

UNC Chapel Hill Criminal Fraud exposed in Athletics and Academics

YogiNC
    Participant

I remember Mahhhvin had said something to the effect he was going to “spill the beans”, maybe it’s time to subpoena him. If i was the trial lawyer I’d sure as heck do that and then depose him. Oh this could get REALLY nasty. I’ve been saving a bag of popcorn for a long time to see this. I also think it’s time for the legislature to get involved and change the BOG makeup so that it wouldn’t be so UNX centric.

Smarter than the average bear

MrPlywood
    Participant

I created this a while ago, maybe time to give it another go…

Don't Spill the Beans!

BJD95
    Keymaster

I would LOVE to see Jim Martin strike an immunity deal and spill exactly how he was told to sweep things under the rug. He’s a little soft for the pokey…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.