Merseyside Derby (and Insignificant Other Weekend Topics) Thread

Home Forums All StateFansNation Merseyside Derby (and Insignificant Other Weekend Topics) Thread

Tagged: 

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Everton look to take down the Shite at 12:30 on NBC, for the first time in what seems like forever. Neither side is really any good this season, so hard to know what to expect.

Of course, as an Evertonian/Wolfpacker…I always expect the worst.

I doubt I will watch anything else, but Comrade 76 aka Lenin Cat will likely preview other stuff when he shakes off his potato vodka/catnip hangover.

Wufpacker
    Participant

Aren’t they done playing soccer yet? No wonder those guys are always in a bad mood. They never get any time off.

Feast or famine on a day when we have ND/Duke and ‘Ville/UVa, but also Wake/GT and FSU/VT.
    At least the wolven midwinter hibernation continues for another 4 days.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Haha – unfortunately no hangover, just niece basketball Sat. morning coaching duties 🙂

No Wolfpack this weekend – probably a good thing. Like Wufpacker said – quite a contrast in the ACC. Here’s the weekend schedule. Only one ACC game on Sunday, but it has quietly turned into a pretty key bubble match-up – Clemson @ Miami. Clemson could continue their recent surge towards the bubble, and Miami needs to win to stay on the bubble.

ACC Standings/RPI

Something I’ve found interesting – I was, unfortunately, right about Purdue earlier in the season. Plenty of hate on them and our loss to them, but even with bad losses they are 7-3, tied for 2nd in the B1G, and have worked their way onto the bubble. If by some miracle State can work their way back to the bubble that one loss could be the part of the difference between Purdue getting in and State not. Probably won’t come to that, but seems like a tale of two seasons. Purdue was picked to finish 12th out of 14 in the B1G.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Since it may be State’s ultimate destination, if they can win another couple of games:

NIT to feature 30-second shot clock and 4-foot restricted area arc

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I’ve got the Wake @ GT game on, and on their ‘ACC Notes’ graphic it stated that N.C. State is 20 points total away from being 20-4, 9-2.

A bit misleading, but damn …

wufpup76
    Keymaster

Predictably, Wake blown away @ GT. Notre Dame getting throttled @ Duke.

I don’t think Duke will blow their lead the way we did.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Your final was nil-nil at Goodison Park.

Imagine if both State-Hole games ended in ties. Blech.

Fastback68
    Participant

Go Eagles

Wulfpack
    Participant

Pup, ya jinxed the Boilers, man. Lost to the Gophers. Oh well.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Hahaha, they’ll sink with us! Misery loves company.

Arizona State over Arizona … Classic Herb! Win one to fan the flames of hope and re-start those message board wars!!!

Wulfpack
    Participant

UVa holds Lville to 13 points in the first half. And the Cavs have just 1 turnover. My goodness.

Fastback68
    Participant

Hoos/cards entertaining despite low score. UVA won’t miss this many shots against us.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Pitt beat Cuse and has moved ahead of us in the standings. We’re in the 9 spot. A loss to UVa and we are moving way down.

Wulfpack
    Participant

UVA won’t miss this many shots against us.

They will get plenty of open looks, I am sure of it.

Wufpacker
    Participant

That Sendek fella is an up and comer, I’m telling ya. All he needs is a little more time to get things rolling.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I suppose it’s a testament to UVa that even when ‘Ville had a chance to cut it to 2 late, it still really never felt like they had a realistic shot to win.

It’s difficult not to like what Bennett’s doing at UVa. Lord knows I’ve tried, though.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It’s difficult not to like what Bennett’s doing at UVa

The next great coach. I’m 99% sure of it.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

I feel really bad for Justin Anderson and Virginia. That’s really unfortunate (Anderson broken hand, out 4-6 weeks). Hopefully he’ll be back in time for their opening NCAA game.

Sad to hear about Dean, too.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Maybe the Hoos will only beat us by 30 instead of 40 on Wednesday, on the bright side…

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

At least The Toffees slowed down the “Liverpool is going to take over the League” talk for a few days.

BJD95
    Keymaster

At least The Toffees slowed down the “Liverpool is going to take over the League” talk for a few days.

Complete delusion. They have a three game winning streak mostly against bottom-feeders, and they think they are a threat to Chelski (spoiler alert – nobody is).

Speaking of Chelski…the Toffees will get their Stamford Bridge thrashisg over and done with mid-week, on the same day Wahoowa formally ends our basketball season. Hey, at least the weekend doesn’t get ruined. Who says I’m not an optimist?

Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

Complete delusion. They have a three game winning streak mostly against bottom-feeders, and they think they are a threat to Chelski (spoiler alert – nobody is).

Not this year. The rest of the Prem can’t stop tripping itself up even when Chelski is having a bit of a rough go lately. That’s been entertaining, watching Jose Mourinho pouting like an 8th grader whose crush told him off in front of his friends. No worries, they’ll just keep marching on and keeping it out of reach from al-City.

And don’t think this will stop the Scousers from thinking that they are going to win it all again. Oh, wait. They’ve never finished top of the table in the Premier League Era.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.