Martin Twins to Transfer

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Martin Twins to Transfer

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Per Twitter reports from Joe Giglio, Pack Pride, and Joe Ovies

TheCOWDOG

Henderson + Dorn = Less time. ( Per step-father ) “…they felt that they didn’t fit into the offense. “

redisgood
    Participant

Awesome.

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

what a complete joke our program is now

good luck recruiting Gott with this type of history

PackofMac
    Participant

Fresh off me chastising my Wake fan friends for Danny Manning losing more than he recruits (I know ignorrant) this crap ball happens. Oh well, we, along with Wake are the laughing stock of the Atlantic Coast Conference basketball side of things.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Last straw for me. Death spiral has officially begun, and it’s a damned shame we won’t be proactive about it (as usual).

Yeah, I get that they wouldn’t be 30 mpg players again with actual guards on the roster next season.

Pro tip – that will be the case. Every. Single. Place. They look at transferring to. This was about MG, pure and simple.

redisgood
    Participant

Gott said he had open, honest, and somewhat surprising discussions with the twins. One of Gott’s deficiencies is his failure to communicate and form a bond with his players throughout the season. Too many “surprises” at the end of each year.

Whether it was a playing time issue or not, whaty have these conversations now? Clearly there is a communication gap.

And I am unbelievably pissed right now.

choppack1
    Participant

Good bye depth!!

redisgood
    Participant

So right now we have two guards, two wings, three bigs, and a project. Good bye depth is right. One injury away from a repeat of this year.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Beginning of the end for Gott I am afraid. You cannot keep losing guys, and glue guys at that, every year and sustain a program. It has caught up with him. We’re a sinking ship.

And his teams play no D.

StateRed44
    Participant

These guys weren’t ACC stars on a legit tourney team so whatever losers is what I say. They are replaceable and were likely already replaced. The problem is we have no depth any year. Fill up the dang roster, good grief. It’s like we are under sanctions with his roster management. We might as well start cheating if he is going to operate like we are under scholarship restriction as a normal procedure.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

^ c’mon man. Don’t let your emotions get the best of you. You completely marginalized everything in your post with the first two sentences. Think about it before you hit send.

tvp1
    Participant

It feels like it’s slipping away from Gott. Coming off two over-achieving years, 2015-16 was supposed to be the big year. Then Lacey leaves. So does the Trebuchet. Bam to Kentucky. Henderson goes down. And now the Martins gone.

Instead of coming off a top 4-5 seed team this year looking to next year with a stacked roster, Gott’s now in scramble mode hoping to get some more bodies and stay healthy enough just to make the NCAAs next year. And even if he does, after that? Right now the 17-18 team is Dorn, Maverick, Kirk, and Abu – that’s assuming that all those guys are still here (big assumption).

The margins were thin, always, and now they’ve seemed to disappear entirely.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

Ha. Haha. Hahaha. Hahahaha. It’s not April Fools yet you a-holes. Y’all are kidding right? It was obvious from their body language that they were having some issues. Think about it guys. Whenever you saw one of the two during a game they were always barking with a teammate or at each other. BJD is correct when he says this is a MG issue.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Henderson + Dorn = Less time. ( Per step-father ) “…they felt that they didn’t fit into the offense. “

I’m not sure what this quote means…the Gott offense is whichever player takes over…TJ Warren -> Trevor Lacey -> Cat Barber -> ????

I’m guessing the issue is that the players don’t feel they can trust the coach…which seems like a HUGE issue to me…

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

All this means is that Dorn and Henderson are the sh!t and that the Martin’s were going to be riding the pine 🙂 F*ck em. If you don’t want to be here, leave.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Everybody is a star
    Who the rain, chase the dust away
    Everybody wants to shine
    Ooh, come out on a cloudy day
    ‘Til the sun that loves you proud
    When the system tries to bring you down
    Every hand to shine tonight
    You don’t need darkness to do what you think is right, hee hee

~Sly & The Family Stone

StateRed44
    Participant

I wonder if they thought Henderson was gonna get a 6th year?

Packzingo
    Participant

Personally, loved their hustle and effort but always questioned their BB IQ and fit in the ACC.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Not to drop another stinky one in the punchbowl…but what happens if a shoe drops with one of the fellas we actually WERE worried about (Abu, KH)??

MrPlywood
    Participant

^Then a certain poster will have been right 😛

redisgood
    Participant

Sounds like one of the twins wanted to transfer, unfortunately they’re a package deal. I think one was in the mix to get a lot more minutes than the other.

These guys are by no means stars, but very good role players which every team needs. Not sure why with this team it’s starters minutes or transfer.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Hey BJD…not to change the subject, but since you’re a European football fan you should search on youtube for a video titled “Celtic girl cries over loss”..it’s 58 seconds of hilarity. I’d post it here but the young lady’s language is a bit salty….Anyway, not to spoil it but she nearly has an aneurysm at the end like I sometimes do when the Pack loses..

Tau837
    Participant

Beginning of the end for Gott I am afraid. You cannot keep losing guys, and glue guys at that, every year and sustain a program. It has caught up with him. We’re a sinking ship.

I have to agree. I have been holding out hope this was the offseason when this wouldn’t happen.

FergusWolf
    Participant

Not sure why with this team it’s starters minutes or transfer.

It’s because Gott plays such a short bench. If you aren’t in the top 7, you are sitting

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 70 total)
  • The topic ‘Martin Twins to Transfer’ is closed to new replies.