Markell Johnson Commits!!

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Markell Johnson Commits!!

Tagged: 

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    choppack1
    Participant

Another great pick up for the Pack.

After a tough season the “off-season” has gone very well. Hopefully, things keep looking up.

A very good pg prospect who will only get better working with DSJ.

There’s still a few issues (2 regarding eligibility) that can derail us or set us back, but things haven’t looked this good in round ball for an upcoming season in a long time (from solely a talent perspective.)

http://www.fayobserver.com/blogs/sports/acc_basketball/point-guard-markell-johnson-commits-to-n-c-state/article_b3524b7a-3733-11e6-a00d-6371955411f6.html

Fastback68
    Participant

The French-Canadian drums were right

TheCOWDOG

Chops. Way to be a stand up guy.

An elephant never forgets…no matter how senile, portrayed.

choppack1
    Participant

Thanks cow – I have studied Gott’s career and he was knocking at the door at Bama and I would never say he can’t coach. I have also been unequivocal that he deserved another year.

I try to keep an open mind, but like you, I got that elephant in me, so when it comes to evaluating a coach, it works both ways. But at 46 I have been wrong enough times to not be sure about nothing but death and taxes.

But these are good developments. We are aggressively pursuing guys and building up some depth.

pakfanistan
    Participant

I think Gott got the memo about holding on to too many scholarships.

We have 11 and possibly 12 scholarship players now, assuming everybody qualifies.

freshmanin83
    Participant

This may not be the last commit for this year.

Texpack
    Participant

Testing

BJD95
    Keymaster

I welcome the (hopefully benevolent) reign of Coach Lazarus Nosferatu Gottfried. WOO!!!!!!

Rick
    Keymaster

This is great news. Gott can scramble like no one I have ever seen. On paper he has his best team. Now improve the defense and let’s make some noise.

choppack1
    Participant

Am I wrong to be ok with being done with recruiting now? The guys we have thus far are unblemished and we don’t have a lot of scholies left.

I think a huge thank you goes to Morley(?) – we certainly stuck with Yurt – and for that gott and staff deserve huge credit and it ain’t luck.

As for he latest, between Lenard, Mav, Dennis and Markell – well, lets just say that someone is maximizing what he can do in this space and thus far, I really like the quality of kids who fall into this category.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Am I wrong to be ok with being done with recruiting now? The guys we have thus far are unblemished and we don’t have a lot of scholies left.

I think a huge thank you goes to Morley(?) – we certainly stuck with Yurt – and for that gott and staff deserve huge credit and it ain’t luck.

As for he latest, between Lenard, Mav, Dennis and Markell – well, lets just say that someone is maximizing what he can do in this space and thus far, I really like the quality of kids who fall into this category.

GREED IS GOOD

Pack78
    Participant

^ Not only that…

GREED WORKS!

freshmanin83
    Participant

I would be ok if Ted Kapita joins the team. Another big man. It would be nice to depend upon Anya but who knows what shape he will be in when the season starts. If Malik Newman joins that would be ok too. Then you would already have your 2nd guard able to handle the ball for next year.

Rick
    Keymaster

It would be nice to depend upon Anya but who knows what shape he will be in when the season starts.

Round?

freshmanin83
    Participant

Nice. If only he could duplicate some of the round mound of rebound’s skills.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Round?

Nah, he’ll be ship shaped.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.