March in February — Noles Game Thread 2-25-18

Home Forums StateFans Basketball March in February — Noles Game Thread 2-25-18

Viewing 17 posts - 101 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • Author
    Texpack
    Participant

Ya’ll do know that on paper… NONE of this makes any sense whatsoever, don’t you ???

GO PACK!

POP!!!

Well one of the things I was dead wrong about early in the season was saying that we didn’t have any shooters. Once Al figured out how to pass all of our shooters appeared in mass. Sam Hunt must feel like he won the lottery.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Stranger Things…

1. No Wolfpack player fouled out tonight…

2. Noles with 8 offensive rebounds with 2 7footers in Garnet and Gold…

3. Over the last 4 games… 45 out of our last 90 3 point shots…

TWO Regular season games to play…

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

^ Shot 50% even with BB-10 going 1-10.

Packster
    Participant

Why do you guys say “Pop” ever time you type a comment?

choppack1
    Participant

That was amazing. Total domination with a lot on the line. Holy cow.

Fastback68
    Participant

Just got the final score. State delivers again with a major first half margin and a one point differential in the second. Must be frustrating for the competition. 4-0 with 2 to go. When does a win over State qualify as a Q1? Hope no one ever finds out the rest of the year.

ancsu87
    Participant

After State was brutally bludgeoned by 30 points at Notre Dame on January 3 I thought that we would be lucky to win 2 conference games. Since then State has gone 10-4 in the conference. What an incredible story unfolding in Raleigh. Just unbelievable. Can we win 12?

Agree.

I did not think, however, they were as bad as they looked and thought they could be 8-10 max if Johnson came back. I knew Keatts had been good at developing teams and players at UNCW so I did not think we end up missing the NIT but I did not expect this much progress. Not since Valvano have I seen a team develop and improve as much from Dec to Mar.

When he introduced himself and said “Kevin Keatts is a winner” I thought that was a little overboard. I see now that not only did he believe that but he has made his team believe they are winners.

Still Coach K or Roy will finish third for COY voting behind Bennet (smash mouth wrestling coach) and the third best coach UNCW ever had.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Side Note

The weekly ACC update won’t be up until sometime late Mon night. I hate it when real life interferes with the on-line one.

Texpack
    Participant

Side Note

The weekly ACC update won’t be up until sometime late Mon night. I hate it when real life interferes with the on-line one.

You are the man for doing the updates and I hope it’s fun real life getting in the way. That will give me some reading material while I watch the Rockets

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Still Coach K or Roy will finish third for COY voting behind Bennett (smash mouth wrestling coach) and the third best coach UNCW ever had.

Are you sure about that?
    Bennett’s got to beat us one more time to win the Conference and then again to win the Natty…

… and then it still all depends on when the ‘votes’ are cast…

Good night Gents!

MrPlywood
    Participant

I might have to cancel my subscription. 😉

ancsu87
    Participant

Still Coach K or Roy will finish third for COY voting behind Bennett (smash mouth wrestling coach) and the third best coach UNCW ever had.

Are you sure about that?
    Bennett’s got to beat us one more time to win the Conference and then again to win the Natty…

… and then it still all depends on when the ‘votes’ are cast…

Good night Gents!

I meant the media will have Keatts come in fourth … Brownell is third best UNCW coach behind Keatts then Mel Gibson (first coach).

GoldenChain
    Participant

Keats is actually a coach, maybe times are a-changing at NC State!!

OMG!!!!!! With THIS ragtag group of misfit toys! What in the world will he do when he gets all his kids in there!

ryebread
    Participant

I was one of the most optimistic preseason posters, but yesterday’s win put us over my preseason prediction. I knew Keatts could coach, but the level that this motley crew is currently playing at exceeds expectation.

I had thought before the season that FSU would be a team we would struggle with (along with UVA, Clemson and Syracuse). The big, physical teams that either wanted to take the air out of the ball or wanted to really pack it in on defense were the ones whose style of play would be hardest for us. Yesterday NC State took FSU completely out of their element. I knew it was over early when FSU was so desparate that they tried pressing. I honestly didn’t see that one coming. FSU’s only hope was the whistle, but the guys did a great job of not fouling out given how many fouls we picked up early.

The passing in the first half last night at some points was absolutely the prettiest we have seen in nearly a lifetime of watching NC State basketball. When the basketball moves with the pass, great things happen with shooting. Of course having the TechnoBowl equivalent of Bo Jackson as your point guard opens up a lot of things. Markell is our best PG since Corch and was way better for the team than DSJ.

I hope like heck that Keatts doesn’t get caught up in the scandals. After 25 years of god awful basketball coached by guys who were clearly NEVER going to achieve the program’s potential (I’d give Les a pass on this given the circumstances), we finally have a coach. We’d better believe that the N and O, ESPN, Nike and ACC are going to come after him.

PackofMac
    Participant

Why do you guys say “Pop” ever time you type a comment?

That’s just BOTB, he also likes “Fugly”. It caught on with one or two others.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

POP!!! is a sound regularly heard in the basement TV room at the SFN houseduring Wolfpack ballgames….

Back in the days when there were only three beers to choose from — Schlitz, Budweiser and Miller … We kept a Keg in the TV room… and everybody drank the same beer… and the House paid for the beer…

Nowadays, in the “Age of the Individual” and well over 100 good beers to choose from at the local store, the keg box has long been dry… and it’s bring your own cold beer to the party….

The one thing that has not changed over the generations is that most Wolfpack Football and Basketball games require a modest sedative of some sort in order to preserve our long term sanity…

We also don’t have to replace the TV screen, as often….

GO PACK!

freshmanin83
    Participant

Dance card has us at 32 and Espn rpi at 47.

Viewing 17 posts - 101 through 117 (of 117 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.