Lennard Freeman Undergoes Successful Leg Surgery

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Lennard Freeman Undergoes Successful Leg Surgery

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    freshmanin83
    Participant

He is expected to resume full basketball activity in 3-4 months.

http://www.gopack.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/061215aaa.html

WolftownVA81
    Participant

Wishing you a speedy recovery Lennard. I’m looking forward to this coming season to see what Gott can pull out of his bag of tricks this year and hope to see you back on the court soon.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Get well soon, Frenchie! Sacre bleu!!!

Gowolves
    Participant

This is really unfortunate. A lot of growth occurs between the sophomore and junior seasons. Now that they know the offense inside and out they don’t have to think and can just play. Get stronger and bigger. Yeah a lot of that happens between the freshman and sophomore but in my opinion the next summer is when it really clicks especially on the offensive end. This will be a setback. I wish they had enough depth to redshirt him.

Tau837
    Participant

^First off, not sure Freeman really needs to get stronger and bigger. But why would you think this injury would stop that? He can still work on upper body and will probably rehab the hell out of his leg, which means he will also intensely work on his lower body.

He will be fine. A lot of growth that occurs is mental (understanding the game/system, film, etc.) and emotional (maturity). That will also be unaffected.

He won’t scrimmage as much as he would have, but he will have plenty of time to get into basketball shape.

I have zero concerns about this.

Gowolves
    Participant

Maybe bigeer and stronger were the wrong words. What I meant start to develop some strong consistent post moves within the frame of the offense. This will be challenge along with being in game shape.

TheCOWDOG

I will not be the one to mention lower leg fractures.

Therefore…all is good.

redisgood
    Participant

Gott has his summer press conference yesterday.

– Cody is expected play all over the floor, including some at the point;
    – Freeman had a rod inserted in his right leg from knee cap to ankle. Should be ready late September, early October. Gott likened him to Tristan Thompson;
    – Beejay is still over 300 pounds. Very disappointing. (I really hope Giorgios P comes over to play for us, but I feel it is a very low probability).

BJD95
    Keymaster

King Hippo loses his powers when he’s hungry. Don’t be all disappoint. Love him as he is.

I’m strangely intrigued and excited to see Twin B play point forward. I think his ceiling there is significantly higher than Lacey’s would have been. Lacey really kinda sucked at the point.

Gott is making it clear. Cat’s team.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.