Lazarus Went On Vacation Too, Ya Know

Home Forums All StateFansNation Lazarus Went On Vacation Too, Ya Know

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

“Lazarus, come out!” it was written. What was not, was that Laz, a landscaper by trade, cherished the smell of freshly scythed Bermuda-Rye. It reminde
    [See the full post at: Lazarus Went On Vacation Too, Ya Know]

ncsu1987
    Participant

Indeed.

Good to hear from you, CD. Just what I needed to perk up a dull afternoon.

highstick
    Participant

Well, with it raining like crazy in the Charlotte area and the Panthers and Steelers set to play in this muck at 7:30, they better be hiring me fast to resod the field tomorrow cause it’s gonna be wrecked tonight!

I’ve got tickets tonight and can’t even get anyone to go…Even to sit dry in the club level!

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

gso packbacker
    Participant

Thank you and well done CD.

You have studied the scriptured statistics. You are versed in strength and weakness of this Pack. There is no usefulness in sermons of repetition of those things you already know.

Can I get an amen from the congregation?

rthomas44
    Participant

I don’t go to church.

Pack78
    Participant

AMEN (whilst raising holy hands)!!! And this from a Calvinist Presbyterian…

TheCOWDOG

Well, with it raining like crazy in the Charlotte area and the Panthers and Steelers set to play in this muck at 7:30, they better be hiring me fast to resod the field tomorrow cause it’s gonna be wrecked tonight!

I’ve got tickets tonight and can’t even get anyone to go…Even to sit dry in the club level!

‘stick, those were my very thoughts yesterday. Perhaps the new drainage will assist in the resurrection by Saturday.

Texpack
    Participant

AMEN (whilst raising holy hands)!!! And this from a Calvinist Presbyterian…

Will you even watch on Saturday since the outcome is predestined?

freshmanin83
    Participant

Well even if predestinated you still don’t know the outcome so if you are curious then watch. You are just relieved from the need to cheer for a particular side as it would have not effect.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Cuz.. I see you haven’t forgotten “how to announce your presence with authority….”

Perhaps, one might add …

It is also written…

“I come to do a new thing…”

and

“Faith is the belief in those things not yet seen”…

to which, one might add….

“We are surrounded by a great cloud of witnesses!!!”

GO PACK!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

Tell it from the mountain tops, Brother Bill. Sea level works just as well, though.

‘Cept those damned hurricanes out of my control.

Pack78
    Participant

Yeah, Tex-I’ll be at the game…while I fully subscribe to the power above having the ability and right to predestine all things, it is well above my pay grade to get advance info-Go Pack!

13OT
    Participant

It’ll definitely be a “Sweet Jesus” moment if this team finishes above .500 in the ACC this season.

tractor57
    Participant

I think there is a decent chance to finish near the .500 mark – more than that just have to see. No doubt better comments about the team nationally this year. Are they there? Maybe not but I’m sure will be improved.

freshmanin83
    Participant

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son. 19 This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but people loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. 20 Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that their deeds will be exposed. 21 But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what they have done has been done in the sight of God.

Here is some truth. Be set free.

rthomas44
    Participant

If not politics.,then religion., what happened to sports?

TheCOWDOG

It was sports. Done in parody to the slowness in front page writing, and the ensuing bitching, segued into the only thing that can separate this version of Pack football from mediocrity.

Yes, that post above may have received a “give me a break” but I guess I opened the door.

Now, spread the word. I am actually jazzed about the opener, and looking ahead to the rest of the season.

Fastback68
    Participant

The vast majority of my favorite memories since childhood have occurred between 9/1 and 1/1 whether in the field, the woods, the stands or at home. Here’s to Fall in all it’s awesomeness. Go Pack!

Wolfanatic
    Participant

A brief prayer, if I may.

Dear Lord, Our Father,
    Please, please in the name of Lazarus, let us beat the living dog piss out of these stupid chickens.
    Thank you, Lord.
    Amen

Hallelujah

highstick
    Participant

I can’t believe you got all of these Southern Baptists cranked up…Noah(remember him?) would not be pleased!!!

Let’s go PackCocks? Or is that WolfCocks or CockPack? This is the game I hate…much more fun for both teams to be kicking Tarhell arses!

BTW, I left the stadium turf in fine shape last night…Rain stopped as I walked across the street from Lot 1 and I never felt a drop in the stadium. Nothing like a friend and client that has those club level tickets and the parking deck…

Cowdogy, the omen for last night was a “receiver wearing No 18″…

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

rthomas44
    Participant

I won’t pray but I hope State can come out and DOMINANT and make all the things that weren’t said,..THE TRUTH.

gso packbacker
    Participant

Fastback, I completely agree about this being my most enjoyable time of the year.

Not at the game, but hanging out with family in the mountains and enjoying the cool weather.

Watching the game, I hope we play well, finish strong, and kick off a season that brings our fans out of the woodwork.

Gowolves
    Participant

Well done, CD. We need a few parishioners to come back into the fold. Wulfpacker, Alpha, Beej, please come home.

Fastback68
    Participant

^ Foose, WP76

JohnGalt78
    Participant

Aluminum everywhere in Kenan today. They are playing a game there too in case you didn’t know.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.