Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Takes On The NCAA and UNC

Home Forums All StateFansNation Last Week Tonight with John Oliver Takes On The NCAA and UNC

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Alpha Wolf
    Keymaster

;I’ve been meaning to post this since it aired, because it is hilarious yet makes some excellent points…and a few minutes of them at the expense of The Cheaters: Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: The NCAA (HBO)

The UNC part starts at around the 7 minute mark, but watch the whole twenty minutes, especially the video game commercial at the end. It’s great.

Wufpacker
    Participant

I would soooo buy one of those Mike Leach cat posters.

tractor57
    Participant

#soybeanwind 🙂

MrPlywood
    Participant

So much fodder, so little time. I love how he points about the irony of having black students take Swahili and that they should be learning about the inequity of doing so in an AFAM course.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

^Yeah that cat poster was hilarious.

Great vid. Thanks for sharing.

I was a bit wary of it possibly being used as ‘everybody does it’ Cheats propaganda, but he went right after them. Kind of a cheap shot on Dabo, that guy came from nothing to get to where he is so he’d know a little about entitlement. Still, not a good look to have a multi-million dollar contract in hand while talking about entitlement from the players who are enabling said contract.

The issue is murky … Not sure what would be or if there is a possible catch-all solution.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.