Lady Pack

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Lady Pack

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    GoldenChain
    Participant

The #4 seeded Lady Pack dispatches Elon 62-35, next takes on UMd twerps in the hallowed halls of Wm Neal Reynolds on Sunday.

The Lady Pack has a lot of juice and can make a deep run in this thing.

Les, Kay is looking down and smiling! AND WE’RE SMILING TOO!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

GC… say hello to Bro ‘Roo when you’re at the game Sunday….

All the Ghosts on the South Smoking Porch have heard and seen the turtle, and they’ll be there in full force!

Like me, they really miss our two men’s games each season against the Twerps…

GO PACK WOMEN!

POP!!!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

What time is the game Sunday? Maybe I will take my daughter.

xphoenix87

They haven’t announced the game time yet, supposedly it’ll come sometime tonight.

I haven’t been around the forums much at all this season, but I can’t praise what Wes Moore has done with this team highly enough. Moore won Coach of the Year last season, and deservedly so, but this season has been even more impressive. Last year the team had 4 seniors in the starting lineup. They were experienced, deep, and perfectly suited to play Moore’s 1-in, 4-out system. This year’s team is none of that. They were picked to finish 10th in the ACC by the coaches. They’ve had to replace all that experience. They integrated 2 transfers. They lack the shooting the offense really requires. They didn’t have a capable post backup until Sophomore Erica Cassell started to come on in the last 5 or so games of the season.

After a solid start against a pedestrian OOC schedule, the season reached its low point when they started 1-3 in the ACC, including two of the most brutal quarters of basketball I’ve ever watched. Against Louisville, the first quarter ended 18-1, and that only because they committed a lane violation to give us an extra free throw. 2 games later against Duke, it was a 23-5 opening quarter. In both games, they fought back to get within 4 points in the second half, but they looked rough. I thought right then that it might be a lost season. Then they didn’t lose for a month. They’re now 13-3 since that Duke game. They aren’t nearly as pretty to watch as last year’s squad was, and the offense often looks sluggish and disjointed. Still, they work as hard as any team I’ve ever seen. They rebound like crazy. They’re a great defensive team. They scrap and fight and make it miserable to play against them. I couldn’t be prouder of them, they’ve been better than I ever imagined they would be this season.

Rick
    Keymaster

I am at the game with my daughter.
    These girls play some tough defense. Fun to watch

MrPlywood
    Participant

Wolfpack up 16, 56-40 after 3. It was 37-36 State with about 5 to go in the quarter, State with a 19-4 run to close.

Pack78
    Participant

As Maverick would say: ‘It’s lookin’ pretty good so far.’

Rick
    Keymaster

State up 12 with 5 minutes to go.
    There barn is a rockin’

MrPlywood
    Participant

Wulfpack
    Participant

Congrats ladies!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

GO LADY PACK!

NOBODY loves beating the Twerps more than I….

Coach Rick! — Did you and your girl make it to the game… I hope so!

POP!!!

Rick
    Keymaster

GO LADY PACK!

NOBODY loves beating the Twerps more than I….

Coach Rick! — Did you and your girl make it to the game… I hope so!

POP!!!

Yes. She and I had a great time.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Coach Rick…
    Nice….

IF there was ever any doubt…

She’s Hooked !!!

GO Rick!

Rick
    Keymaster

Coach Rick…
    Nice….

IF there was ever any doubt…

She’s Hooked !!!

GO Rick!

I hope so.
    I had the best time just discussing the game with her. The subtleties of both the offense and defense.
    Truthfully, the women’s game is much more similar to basketball as I played it.

Wulfpack
    Participant

The women’s game is pure. And girls are great teammates. I’ve coached boys and girls and would much rather coach girls. Can’t wait to coach my daughter in a year or two.

Rick
    Keymaster

The women’s game is pure. And girls are great teammates. I’ve coached boys and girls and would much rather coach girls. Can’t wait to coach my daughter in a year or two.

She’s. Money hasn’t corrupted it.
    And yes, you will absolutely love coaching your daughter.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Great season, ladies.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.