Lady Pack COMES BACK – 10 & 3 Beats BC

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Lady Pack COMES BACK – 10 & 3 Beats BC

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

The Ladies got off to a rough start. They were down 13, but battled back and defeated BC in Chestnut Hill tonight. If you looked at the ESPN game feed, they had a “wide shot” screen at halftime.

Directly behind the NCSU bench was a 65 (yes….65) Fan contingent from Montreal. They were there supporting Senior Jennifer Mathurin. It looked like a small, but noisy pep band crowd behind our bench.

The audio on the radio was decidedly an NCSU Crowd. Each time we scored or made a great play, the crowd would go wild. There was NOT any Home Crowd to speak off. The wide shot looked like there were LESS BC fans than NCSU fans. They chartered TWO busses and it was a 5 HOUR drive down to Chestnut Hill. What a great way to show your respect for a former classmate.

We are NOW moving up….and have a great shot at actually being in the TOP four and getting the double bye for the ACC Tourney (held of all places in Conway due to the ACC’s PC attitude). We hold a tie breaker over Duke and FSU got knocked off tonight. THAT could be huge.

Great game….we were NOT pretty, but we were persistent and we clawed our way back.

BTW, this is #20 wins….for the SECOND Season. Down by 13 and eventually winning by 12 (70 – 58).

McCallum
    Participant

Roll on Mississippi, roll on.

McCallum

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Down by 13 and eventually winning by 12 (70 – 58)

Nice. Good job Ladies.

BJD95
    Keymaster

I look forward to watching THIS tourney run, and seeing a legit title contender for a change.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Glad so many folks appreciate what Wes Moore and our young ladies have done. They are a scappy bunch…probably not as talented as we have had many years ago, but they certainly are well coached and have a great deal of HEART.

Wes Moore is refreshing to listen to in the post game comments. He DOES get it….

tractor57
    Participant

Going back to my days on campus (mid ’70’s) the women’s games were always a show of heart. I think Morre has grasped that concept. If I was closer to Raleigh I would be attending the women’s games.

GoldenChain
    Participant

They are a scappy bunch…probably not as talented as we have had many years ago, but they certainly are well coached and have a great deal of HEART.

Wonder if Wes has ever considered coaching guys?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.