Kyle Field Goes Boom

Home Forums All StateFansNation Kyle Field Goes Boom

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

As my job takes requires a little more travel than I would often prefer, I try to carve away some time to visit football stadiums and basketball arena
    [See the full post at: Kyle Field Goes Boom]

WTNY
    Participant

$450 million?

Wow. The athletic arms race is out of control.

PackFamily
    Participant

Tell me about it. College football stadiums may be the most underutilized assets around. Don’t get me wrong, i love them for the 7 games a year i am in them.

BrickyardMayhem
    Participant

Moved from Raleigh to Dallas about 18 years ago. Would love for one of my boys to go to A&M as it does remind me very much of NC State. Of course, I would rather have them at school in Raleigh but out of state tuition is unbelievable….

Texpack
    Participant

^Lots of people have overcome an A&M education and gone on to live productive lives.

In all seriousness, I’ve been working in Texas for 30 years and I’ve never worked with a bad engineer from either UT or A&M. Both apparently have very solid engineering schools.

ChemE79a
    Participant

I am in college station. Actually they have raised another $35 million that will go to improving the seatbacks and putting in some resturants so the new total is $485 million. Here is an article from the local paper:

They do love their Aggies here.
    Edit: link did not seem to work. Here is the link, cut and paste:
    http://www.theeagle.com/news/local/texas-a-m-system-chancellor-announces-million-more-in-donations/article_89813741-ba4e-59fe-8fbd-0026ce51b963.html

MrPlywood
    Participant

“$450 million?
    Wow. The athletic arms race is out of control.”

They’ll make up some of that by renting it out to the Tuesday Toastmasters meeting.

highstick
    Participant

I was there last March and that is one barren piece of forsaken land with few trees in site. I looked at a lot of the new construction because there was little else to look at other than the GHW Bush Library/Museum which was interesting.

There engineering abilities may be ok, but they are one strange breed of characters. One of my Army roomies was an Aggie and I had enough of their childish nonsense back then.

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Texpack
    Participant

We are taking care of the Aggie neighbor’s dog this week so my wife and I dressed her in a UT sweater and had her pose for a Christmas picture next to a Texas stocking on Christmas morning.

BJD95
    Keymaster

They are a strange breed of cat, fo sho. I read the long piece on Bonfire earlier this autumn.

I don’t mean that in a good or bad way. Just damned interesting to read about.

highstick
    Participant

http://fanbuzz.com/story/texas-am-student-assistant-hits-west-virginia-players-twice-on-the-sidelines/

Keeping it classy, Aggies! Nuttin’ but a bunch of thugs who pretend they are some sort of military school…My arse! Just a bunch of snot nosed Texans in ROTC! I rest my case which was confirmed in March by a female grad Vet student at Aggieland…When I told her my Army roommate was an Aggie, her response was “did he have teeth”? It took me a while to think through that one…Did she mean “were they rotten and decayed” OR “had someone knocked them out”. But my response was “yes, he had teeth, but no brains”~

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.