KEYMASTERS – New Poll Suggestion???

Home Forums StateFans Football KEYMASTERS – New Poll Suggestion???

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

OK, Its been over 6 hours. Nothing really exciting as I surf tonight between the games and the political post mortems. Clemson just decimated WFU and the announcers talked about DABO stepping and being an example of proving “your time has come”.

I wondered, after some tailgate grazing (which included meeting and talking to Ernie Myers) HOW many WPF are actually pulling for UNC next weekend? I felt that if the Pack responded well today and looked “well coached” that support would be stabilized for Coach Doeren. ESPN supposedly said or published a commentary that despite a loss at UNC, his job was “SECURE”. OK…we each are entitled to our opinions and some are paid to espouse them.

It may be somewhat sacrilegious, but I really wonder what the mood of the SFN is? Taking a line from Top Gun (or perhaps the DNC), a good Pilot (Candidate) learns from their experiences, good and bad, and that improves them….

SO, what IS the attitude. Perhaps a poll…..

What percentage of WPF are actually pulling for UNC or at least NOT for NCSU this weekend. This is based on your conversations….and can be swayed by your own strong feelings?

I think that my vote would be at least 50% or more. OK, I did have a glass of wine. Reality will set in on Friday and I will be donned, head to toe, including my BVD’s in RED and Light Blue will NOT be my favorite color.

BUT, the aura of disgust (not towards the team….but the program or coach) seemed to descend on CF about early Q4 and got worse. The “ill wind” that was blowing had a biting feel….towards a certain Mid Western Coach….

Only this time, it was River City that Conned THEMSELVES…..NOT Professor Harold Hill….and the THINK system to learn music failed MISERABLY….

May need another glass… If this disappears….I will NOT be offended….

McCallum
    Participant

Never pull for unc EVER.

Rooted for the Soviet national team against them in 1989.

I must have mellowed a bit. I do recall having a for sure “conference” with several beautiful unc undergraduates on multiple occasions but my comments on their school stopped the “conference” before anyone was properly registered. I only offer up fingers and yells now days, Georgia fans stand in awe of my hatred for the heals.

McCallum

PackofMac
    Participant

Is not nor will not ever be an appropriate time to cheer for UNC…ever. I’d rather the pack somehow win in Chapel Hell on Friday (not gonna happen) putting another gloomy cloud over what they thought once again was going to be a championship season. I’m excited as hell about helping Dave pack, I’m just not very excited or optimistic who we’ll actually be able to lure into the coaching position.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Right, Wrong or Indifferent….

One State fan said that if UNC beats NCSU, then Fedora’s resume will improve slightly and he will be more likely to leave. He already has an “Uh Oh” loss to Duke and one to NCSU would ensure that he remains an Orange County resident….

Maybe UNC would then go after Les Miles….

I equate Les Miles ending up at NCSU (or perhaps UNC as well) as likely as Madonna making good on her Pre-Election Offer to any Male that voted for HRC….

TheCOWDOG

We won’t be offering any such poll.

Jesushchristinasidecar!

I bought one of those multi-pack cig lighters yesterday. Every bubble pack on display had a pastel blue one in it. I hesitated, bought one anyway, tore it open outside, crushed the baby blue one…and deposited in the waste bin.

It was a good buy.

BassPacker
    Participant

Will Never pull for the Cheats no matter how bad DD has our program. Bad enough have listen to them brag after beating us but add fact they helped can our coach…..never…ever root for a baby blue win. I still have hope DD can pull a miracle win like Cutcliff did. One more year of DD is almost worth hearing the Cheats whine after loses to Duke and NC State. Specially if keeps Carolina out of Orlando.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

R’rer ‘Roo…

You know I like ya but this is the dumbest damn thing I’ve heard you say….
    If you’da said “BJ can run the court strong for 30 minutes a game” — that wouldn’t have matched this.

Besides, we’re gonna get massacred… so your query is moot…

Everybody thinks we’ve been playing great Defense all year, but yesterday our leading tackler was Josh Jones, the Safety, with 15 tackles… Exactly what does that mean when you’re leading tackler is your Safety??? I think it means at least 10 other guys missed tackles so Josh could do his thing.

Anybody want to buy my tickets — I GOTT six in Kenan on Friday pm….

Help a brother out!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wufpacker
    Participant

We won’t be offering any such poll.

Jesushchristinasidecar!

I bought one of those multi-pack cig lighters yesterday. Every bubble pack on display had a pastel blue one in it. I hesitated, bought one anyway, tore it open outside, crushed the baby blue one…and deposited in the waste bin.

It was a good buy.

That’s the ‘Dog I know and love.

McCallum
    Participant

Who let the Dog out?

McCallum

Heelh8r
    Participant

I’ll register my vote right here, no poll needed. Anyone who would even consider pulling for the Heels, just because you want to see the coach fail, you are a deplorable, I don’t care who you voted for. C’mom man. What about the men who have worked so hard all season and they have one last achievable goal left. And we have a chance to ruin their season. What could be more fun than that? Get your head out of your a$$ and pull for your team!

Adventuroo
    Participant

May have been a dumb question…

Still was a question I heard this weekend in CF. And the guys that posed it are folks that were sober and have high priority WPC numbers….purchased season tickets in BB & FB … some in other sports. I had three for a few years.

Obviously the posters feel different…so in effect, no poll needed.

Will have to wait until after game. Don’t see us with Six….but Duke has the sacred Ding Dong.

Anya did not make 35 minutes…FO @ 10:35. He did play hard, all things considered.

Wish Coach Doeren could capture some of the first half energy.

Mud Racing looks interesting…been by track many times.

44rules
    Participant

Like McCallum and many others, I was a red commie for a day in 19889.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

NCSU88
    Participant

First rule of being a Wolfpack fan:
    Never, ever, pull for *NC.

Second rule of being a Wolfpack fan:
    Embrace the suck.

tractor57
    Participant

My #1 rule – I don’t do polls. See the elections results as to the impact of polls. If you want a poll that is good but I do not inhale.

TheCOWDOG

Keep this up, and I might have to pull a story out of mothballs, for hate week.

BJD95
    Keymaster

It would say more about the AD (and/or the chancellor) if leadership would be impressed by a win against the mediocre smurfs and a 6-win season. Anyone who hasn’t seen enough needs their head examined at this point.

I would never, EVER cheer for the Holes, especially against us, but I sure hope we don’t need to beat ’em in order for VPI to wrap up the Coastal. I have no confidence whatsoever, nor any excitement to watch (though watch I will, because life sentence).

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Gott one… Mr. Dog…

1976 – Alexander Dorm — painted a keg red and pulled for the USSR when they played in Carmichael Gym at UN*….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Greywolf
    Participant

I got a pole for EweNC and it’s the one Mac had for those tight-arsed coeds… I had a shot at one of those coeds once but I muffed it.

wirogers
    Participant

I might not have the hatred towards UNX as McCallum, but having spent many a summer day riding around the great State of NC with him eating at every que dive we could find I understand his hatred more and more. So to answer the poll, over my dead body will I ever pull for UNX, NEVER!!!!!

My wife was pregnant, I asked the doctor if the child was a boy would they put one of those gawd awful baby blue hats on his head. The doctor told me that was standard operating procedure. I informed him my standard operating procedure would be to pay him 1 cent a month for the rest of my life but never anymore than that if he insulted my son that way. My grandmother made us a very nice Corvette Red hat. Baby Blue is not in my color wheel now or EVER.

Hatred of UNX goes all the way to pro teams, the one with the most UNX (fake) graduates is the one I pull against.

rthomas44
    Participant

This is truly dumb, no one will pull for the holes. We are long suffering and he will be back.

ryebread
    Participant

I’d never pull against State, would never pull for UNC and would never pull for UNC against State. I do think that UNC will handle this team fairly easily at home. When that happens, I think DD is gone.

choppack1
    Participant

Come on Roo.

Can’t be done. I will pulling for the Pack hard. Don’t worry though, my pulling hard for the Pack has only worked in a handful of conference games in football the last 4 years.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Maybe the question is

If UNC beats NCSU, how unhappy are you going to be?

I will probably get into the game & I never said I was pulling for UNC, but I see like this.

Lose the battle & win the war.

Flame on!

Heelh8r
    Participant

At the risk of being called a straggler…living in Candyland…call me what you will…but I still have not turned against DD. I look at the depth chart for the game on Friday, and we are loaded for next year. For every senior we have starting, which are but a few, we have more than capable back ups, with the possible exception of center. And I believe we are building good depth on the offensive line too. I know we have a highly regarded kicker coming.

I have a feeling that DD is very good at building a program. He has improved every facet of recruiting, relationships with high schools, and it seems building team chemistry. He just has not proven that he is good at coaching the game. I always felt the same about Mack Brown. He could never coach a lick, but he sure knew how to get good players. He finally figured out to stay out of the way and let his coaches coach. Maybe that is right or wrong but it is my perception.

I value loyalty very highly, because I appreciate people who are loyal to me. I believe DD has poured his heart into making us successful and I am loyal to him because of it. Of course, I felt the same way about TOB so that is just the way I am. I like being loyal, and I like honoring contracts.

I really do believe we are just that close to breaking through and competing for championships. I am hoping we can begin that climb on Friday. But even if we don’t, I still believe we will have a team next year that can compete and beat anyone on our schedule.

rthomas44
    Participant

And the sun will come up tomorrow!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.