Kevin Keatts

Home Forums All StateFansNation Kevin Keatts

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    13OT
    Participant

I well remember Sidney Lowe’s first season, when UNC came in as #1 and State beat ’em. State lost to UNC in the ACCT finals, I believe that same season, and from there on, it was not pretty.

It appears that we may not be playing on Tuesday in the ACCT, and that is a positive start.

44rules
    Participant

Interestingly, the things mentioned in the IP’s post – raining down 3’s and defenders getting scorched off the dribble – are still pretty prevalent at this stop for Coach Keatts. But we’re winning, so what the hey.

I’m thinking KK’s philosophy involves turning the other team over enough so that even if the other team shoots well, they don’t have enough opportunities for it to matter. I’m wondering if his high school teams also got beat off the dribble.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

rthomas44
    Participant

What I remember about Sid is him Whisling at the players like dogs and being totally frantic on the sideline. Watch Keatts.

Fastback68
    Participant

I just wrote this on TOS. Keatts acted like victory was a given Saturday. He seemed thrilled the game was going into overtime. Johnson also drained those FTs with a carefree attitude. He knew he wasn’t going to miss.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

I did not realize UNC-G has such a strong RPI, so that loss isn’t as bad as I thought when I first posted about it. Bottom line, we have one more loss and the worst loss.

I’ll have to disagree with you there about that point being the “bottom line”, especially seeing as your original post doesn’t even try to balance your point about losses with the fact that we have more wins against top #10/top #25 than the team in question. AND we BEAT them on their own court.

Tau837
    Participant

I did not realize UNC-G has such a strong RPI, so that loss isn’t as bad as I thought when I first posted about it. Bottom line, we have one more loss and the worst loss.

I’ll have to disagree with you there about that point being the “bottom line”, especially seeing as your original post doesn’t even try to balance your point about losses with the fact that we have more wins against top #10/top #25 than the team in question. AND we BEAT them on their own court.

I don’t need to balance it. We have RPI and quadrants to do that for us. RPI math says UNC is #10 and State is #62 through Saturday’s games. The quadrant breakdowns show UNC has the same quadrant 1 record, and a better record in the rest.

We beat them, and that was a great accomplishment, as were our wins over Duke and Arizona. UNC can’t match those 3 wins, but their resume is better at everything else by a margin large enough to more than offset when it comes to judging NCAA tournament worthiness.

That said, I’ll take State’s resume over UNC’s any day, since it includes the win at UNC. And I expect State to make the NCAA tournament now, which is an unexpected surprise compared to expectations entering the season.

Barnette2Holt
    Participant

I don’t follow RPI’s or OOC strength of schedule. But it’s pretty easy to observe a few simple things…

-This team is running the floor and playing hard in every game. (Wow!)

-This team is winning some road games and beating the blues. (Double Wow!)

-This team is going to make some boneheaded plays and silly turnovers, and probably lose a few they shouldn’t, but…

-This team is having fun and improving, and Wolfpack basketball is fun and exciting again.

So whether they win out or hit the skids and end up in the NIT or worse,
    the future is bright!
    So I’m all in.

Dilly Dilly!

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

the future is bright!
    So I’m all in.

New guy’s got a good attitude!

We need to hear from more “New Guys & Gals”…

GO PACK!

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Jamie to Torrey
    Roxboro && Gibsonville to Rawlee
    :>}

freshmanin83
    Participant

the future is bright!
    So I’m all in.

New guy’s got a good attitude!

We need to hear from more “New Guys & Gals”…

GO PACK!

Come on B.o.t.b admit it he had you at dilly dilly

Pop

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^nope… Jamie Barnette’s cousin worked for me for a while years ago…
    and Nate Goodson’s Mom was my son’s first grade teacher..

GO PACK!

Pack1997
    Participant

Dilly Dilly wins every time!!! I am not sure how anyone could not be happy with the job KK has done so far. I certainly undersad the lets wait and see how the program does over the course of a couple of years. That’s a valid stance, but based off what we have seen to date, everyone’s hopes should be up. We are on the right path, and the kids are fun to watch. Cant ask for much more than that.

44rules
    Participant

Oh, trust me, Pack1997, my hopes are up. But they’ve been up and crushed before – and not just in my dating life!

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

rthomas44
    Participant

Having watched Keatts since he took over the disaster that Buzz Peterson left at UNCW, I am confident that this is only the beginning. Every game is a lesson and every practice is a chance for the coach to improve the quality of the team.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Having watched Keatts since he took over the disaster that Buzz Peterson left at UNCW, I am confident that this is only the beginning. Every game is a lesson and every practice is a chance for the coach to improve the quality of the team.

Viewing 15 posts - 26 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.