Jason Capel Out At App State

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Jason Capel Out At App State

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Jason Capel is out after four years at App State. App State joins the Sun Belt next season. Charlie Cobb makes the hire.

Lutz anyone?

http://m.espn.go.com/ncb/story?storyId=10584692

pakfanistan
    Participant

Call me crazy, I think Lutz can get a better job than App St.

I wonder if they’ll give Wojo a call.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Three words: Fuck. That. Guy.

I do hear tell they be interested in Lutz. Do not hear tell whether Lutz be interested in them.

Wulfpack
    Participant

Buzz Peterson fired at UNCW.

Lutz anyone?

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

Man has that program tanked since B. Brownell left. Wonder if either program will look at LeVelle Moton. I’d expect he would be a more realistic candidate for both programs than Lutz.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^^dontworryaboutit….

There’s ZERO chance Coach Lutz heads down here to the U-athebeach…

Athletic dept is in worse shape that the Twerps…
    You know it’s tough when “baseball” is your biggest revenue producing sport.

Buzz was the “Big Money Hire” four years ago…

He didn’t have a lot to work with… NO point guard – just a couple kids who were “good one on-3/4/5 guys” in high school.

Then he had some bad luck at the beginning of this season with a couple of his BIGS; they didn’t get their eligibility papers right until Christmas, team struggled, lost 9-10 games by less than five points or so…. Sh%t happens…

I saw Buzz at lunch one day back in October… Interesting conversation….
    basically the same as the one we’ve had here all season…

Coach-ing v. Coach-ability…
    except Buzz’s kids are three levels below GOTT’s…

So in the meantime… our man Eddie Bidenbach is in charge… until his “replacement” arrives…

But there’s little chance, whoever that may be, will be any better than old Buzz….
    unless he’s 30 yrs old or less and a potential future HOF-er … in which case he will be gone in three years.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Sad. Used to be a great place.

I believe Brownell left that program for Wright State in 2006. That tells you all you need to know. And it worked for him.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

“Used to be…”

… in more ways than one… Wufpup….

excepts from local news reports…

The university will pay Peterson as much as $880,000 over the next two years not to coach…

The team lost three players to transfer before the 2012-2013 season when it was ruled ineligible for the NCAA and CAA tournaments because of its low Academic Progress Rate…

Wulfpack
    Participant

Well, there’s two coaches now we know won’t be replacing Roy. Going to have to look outside “the family”.

wufpup76
    Keymaster

… in more ways than one… Wufpup….

^Hey – I haven’t even been in this thread! 🙂

These will be interesting hires though. App State to Sun Belt for football, but I’m not sure it will be a positive for their basketball program. The program is in flux, and you could see App State languishing at the bottom of that conference for a while. SoCon has turned into a nice low-mid conference, and was a great fit for App State.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^sorry…. wufPUP! && wufPACK!…

just a typo… can’t blame it on autocorrect ’cause I only talk on phones…
    —————

wufpup , wufpack, wolfpack, wufthis, wolfthat…
    everybody around here wants to be a “wuf” something…

just stay on SFN long enough and you might get your wish..
    ’cause you might be a “blindwuf”….

StateFans
    Keymaster

Lutz definitely wants to be a Head Coach again. But, I agree with you guys that I would hope that it would take a better job than ASU to lure him away.

Wulfpack
    Participant

It hasn’t happened for him the past few years. What makes you guys think there’s a better job out there for him? I also think he’d prefer to stay fairly local.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.