Jan Boxill FIRED….but RESIGNS….Full $$ Benefits

Home Forums All StateFansNation Jan Boxill FIRED….but RESIGNS….Full $$ Benefits

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Adventuroo
    Participant

I am NOT posting this to start a rant about how UNC cheated and how they are so despicable. WE KNOW THAT.

However, the Daily Tar Heel has roasted one of their own. I will provide links to WRAL (white wash) and DTH (funny and the comments are great) and BobLeeSays.com (hilarious comparison of Jan, Spiro and Lizzie).

Jan was formally fired (see the letter)….they ripped off her buttons and bashed her swagger stick…..if you understand the “British” theme of her punishment…..I am relieved to report that NOTHING fell out when her button were ripped off.

The ability of a UNC Department Head (Ethics…you don’t say) to be formally fired….then appeal it and then resign with FULL benefits…..that is the crux of the situation. If someone misappropriated State Funds….and lied about it….and there was evidence…..they MIGHT be arrested or brought up on charges. They (now….or at least there was a “bill” discussed) would NOT receive their ill gotten State Pension. What IDIOTACY….!!!!!!

This is such a farce….forget the NCAA violations and the “Carolina Way” to win…..just consider how seriously they take Academic Fraud…..but alas and alack….nothing will come of it….

Happy Reading….

http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2015/03/jan-boxill-resigns-after-wainstein-report-details-her-role-in-the-scandal

http://www.wral.com/former-unc-ch-faculty-leader-resigns-in-wake-of-academic-fraud-scandal/14492617/

http://www.bobleesays.com/Blogs/BobLee-Says/March-2015/Spiro-Agnew,-Lizzie-Borden-and-JAN-BOXILL.aspx

WolftownVA81
    Participant

I’m glad you have the links figured out.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Br’er ‘Roo…

I’m told by at least one former student… that Mx. Boxill was an excellent, not easy, teacher and mentor to “non-student athletes” as well …

And this link is now right beside the DTH link above…

Reports challenge UNC scandal’s 1993 start date

1989 not 1993 !

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

Dang Bill, aren’t you on the east coast? It’s getting late for me over here 🙂

re: the “Reports challenge UNC scandal’s 1993 start date” article…

“Since the release of the Wainstein report, the idea that the University’s academic improprieties began in 1993 has gone largely unquestioned.

Now, conflicting information between the Wainstein report and the University’s response to its accrediting agency has some wondering whether that date was created to protect the 1993 national championship-winning men’s basketball team.

Ya think?

More fodder: http://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2015/03/reports-unc-graduate-school-implicated-in-scandal

tractor57
    Participant

I’ve long thought the issue goes back well beyond 1993. A woman who I grew up with was one of the first Title IX women athletes to get a scholly from UNC. We talked a bit about this about a week ago. This goes back to the early ’80’s she releated sher would get back from a game and go to get her assignments on the academic side while bigtime jocks played. Not so surprising and not uniques to the Cheats but seems they carried this to another level.

Adventuroo
    Participant

I’ not sure is I made my point or the reason for the post.

When the whole cheating thing was FINALLY (at the behest of UNC and their “non designated UNC Chapel Hill Fund Excess Earnings” slush fund) put into proper perspective…..Dean Provost Dean or whoever….

FIRED JAN. They took down her name from the Ethics Department website. He Email was Killed. She had NO access to the UNC system. She was OUT.

Then she appealed. Then she decided to RESIGN. Yes, she will get a pension….and I have NO idea….but she does NOT deserve ONE farthing of it….she perpetuated and “improved” a system of academic fraud….

I don’t give a rodent’s anus about WHO knew WHAT and WHEN they KNEW….she did this for MOST of her career. If I were in charge…I would recalculate her benefits…and she only get retirement for the years in which she did NOT participate in the “scandal”.

Then, let her hire an attorney….she DOES need Joe Cheshire….but as Bob Lee says….there are even clients that HE will not represent….and she if probably one of them.

What we are FINALLY seeing….although it is being done in a nuclear blast and bungled manner, is the UNC BOG exerting some control. Tom Ross should (he did) known what was going on.

As much as I disagree, politically, with Skipper….he would have cleaned house ONCE this came out. Head (tenure) would have rolled. He seems to be a politically misguided, but basically an honest person.

We need HIM back (did I type that?)!!!! The Libs could NOT scream and he would be the Hatchet that was needed….

Dean Smith set this up….there is MORE than a “trail” directly to him. It is a CLONE of the UK system. Wayne Wells (Roy’s Academic guy) had “improved” the UK system. When he got to UNC…it was like…WOW….they have made some changes…but I can REALLY “amp it up” and he did.

He was the FIRST to exit….but the smell was so bad that it did not go away.

This is a disgrace to NC and we taxpayers…..and, yes, being a State fan, I do get some satisfaction. BUT, the NCGA and the UNC BOG should be calling for major changes….OPPS….even some of the NCGA that are of the CURRENT party went to UNC….

Wonder how that will play out from Murphy to Manteo??

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Br’er Roo…

Nobody missed your point about the $$$….

This is the “negotiated settlement” and well within the bounds of the State Personnel Act.

… which may or may not fit one’s ethical boundaries.

It does appear that the Professor of Ethics and the University both are satisfied… or as satisfied as they will be … with the outcome.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.