Jameis Winston In Trouble Again

Home Forums StateFans Football Jameis Winston In Trouble Again

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Wulfpack
    Participant

I guess FSU didn’t get the recent memo that they must feed their players, or maybe crab legs aren’t on the menu:

Florida State quarterback and reigning Heisman Trophy winner Jameis Winston was issued a citation Tuesday for shoplifting crab legs from a Publix supermarket, SB Nation reported, citing multiple sources.

A source told SB Nation that Winston will be fined $30, required to do community service and suspended from FSU’s baseball team, with whom he’s 1-0 with a 1.50 ERA in 16 appearances this spring. Winston was named to the preseason All-America third team as a utility player by Baseball America.

A 2 p.m. ET news conference in Leon County has been scheduled regarding the case.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=10861565

StateRed44
    Participant

will be shocked if this guy doesn’t wind up behind bars one day

WolfInVolCountry
    Participant

Ha!

Wulfpack
    Participant

He doesn’t appear to be the sharpest tool in the shed. Get a credit card, man. A year from now, you can buy all the crab legs you could ever care to eat.

BJD95
    Keymaster

^^ LMFAO. That’s great work.

TheCOWDOG

He is a dumbass.

Lobster tails and tenderloin. Idiot.

tjfoose1
    Participant

Maybe he just got a little too excited about the season (10th) premier of Deadliest Catch, and he thought this would count as an audition for a greenhorn position on the Time Bandit?

tjfoose1
    Participant

CD, I think he might have learned his lesson about stealing a little tail.

Wufpacker
    Participant

^ Ha!!!

TheCOWDOG

^^
    Right. So he risks the crabs, just the same.

My,my,my, now that is sheer recklessness.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Am in Panama City Beach for vacation. Getting quite a LOT of publicity. It was the “Deputy’s Discretion” that resulted in the “arrangement”. The Publix folks and the LEO looked at the video and quickly recognized Mr. Winston. Then they went to his apartment. Me admitted taking them and KNOWING that he had “forgotten” to pay for them, but made NO attempt to return and rectify.

If you read the articles, this is his fourth little dust-up with LEO. BB gun damages when he and his buddies played a souped up version of paintball. Asking for a water cup at a fast food outlet and then snitching free soda….even though he was politely asked to quit….then there is the little matter of the sexual assault (er….consensual?) that got buried in the campus and TPD files.

SO, Mr. Winston, once again, is not being held responsible for his actions.

I recall the time that Lorenzo Charles stiffed a delivery guy for a Pizza and was hauled downtown and arrested. Every article about Jimmy V had a reference to that little incident.

Of course, LO was NOT a Heisman Trophy winner at that time….and I THINK that if he had done such AFTER the 1983 season, he STILL would have been arrested and booked.

I am at a very nice villa and our complex is part of a major resort. Last Friday night, there was a covey of local TV Satellite trucks outside the “outdoor cabana facility”. I wondered WHAT would attract such a crew of news folks and all the nice rides around.

Later that night, I saw the footage. The local PCB FSU Boosters club had Jimbo there for a few words and to collect a mega amount of booty. They EVEN had a $$ Photo Op line set up complete with pro lights and backdrop. The line was extended out and around the facility….and the TV stations showed a few of the boosters getting their picture made. Jimbo was smoozing up to the high maintenance eye candy that the boosters had in tow….some looked like they were not the FIRST to be the Mrs. XXX…but they were fawning all over Jimbo and he was grinning like (fill in the blank).

So, that is how it is….the prosecutor in the local piece made NO BONES that it was clear that Mr. Winston did not attempt to pay for the merchandise, but that the Deputy had elected to reduce the offense to community service….AFTER he confirmed it was Mr. Winston.

highstick
    Participant

He got more punishment than PJ~~

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Incident report reveals details in Jameis Winston crab leg theft

Jameis Winston has been reinstated to the Florida State baseball team after completing the community service, but new details from the crab leg incident have surfaced that suggest a less-than-innocent mistake.

[snip]

via Tallahassee.com:

Sgt. Benedict informed me earlier video depicted Mr. Winston placing the order and leaving the store. Mr. Winston proceeded from the seafood counter to the rear of the store. He walked north through the rear aisle, stopping at the dairy case. Mr. Winston selected a stick of butter from the dairy case and walked toward the front of the store. When Mr. Winston reached the front of the store, Deputy Graves was visible in front of Mr. Winston. Deputy Graves was working as security detail in the store in an off duty capacity at the time of the theft. Mr. Winston paused visibly near a series of sale bins and allowed Deputy Graves to pass in front of him. The pause appeared to be an attempt to avoid walking in front of Deputy Graves. Mr. Winston then walked behind Deputy Graves, passed all points of sale, and exited the store without paying for the merchandise. Mr. Winston did not approach any of the available checkout stands or complete any transaction in the store.

[snip]

In his statement last week, Winston blamed the incident on “youthful ignorance.”

I obviously haven’t seen the tape but that description sure doesn’t sound like “youthful ignorance”. If any local seafood business (of an opposing school playing at home against FSU) was smart they’d pass out Crab bibs for the game.

Daniel_Simpson_Day
    Participant

“…that description sure doesn’t sound like ‘youthful ignorance’ ”.
    C’mon Doc, you know better than to believe that PR lip service spin; FSU is obviously following the playbook laid out by the UNC spin machine. I agree with StateRed above, he will eventually spend some time behind bars.

Winston’s pro career will likely follow a similar path of Vince Young’s (maybe as bad as Jamarcus Russell). He just doesn’t have it between the ears to be successful in the NFL.

Wufpacker
    Participant
    Pack Mentality
    Participant

When you’re caught I guess you always have to play the “wasn’t me” approach even if it is very obvious. However, the people who are reporting that he claims to have forgotten to pay are nothing but jock sniffing fanboys unless they also claim that this is completely unbelievable BS and he is not owning up to theft.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.