Jacoby is IN for New England

Home Forums StateFans Football Jacoby is IN for New England

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

Just FYI, Janine Garaffalo has been injured after leading her team to a 3-score lead, and unlikely to return. Jacoby has the reins.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Beej… that’s just how the ball bounces…

I glad for JB… he’ll probably go on to start somewhere in the NFL now with this kind of exposure…
    ya’ll know – he “suffered” enough, like the rest of us, during his time in Rawlee… so he’ll “respect” the opportunity in front of him.

How many other D-anysize schools GOTT FOUR guys playing QB on the same Sunday???

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Adventuroo
    Participant

The answer of course is NONE….as to the 4 QB question.

Real question…..what is the record and current ranking of the ones that are inferior….as in they only have 3 or 2? There is a Wiki for this and if I remember correctly, the high rollers and the PRIME TIME BOWL Participants are the ones that only have 2 or 3…

However, glad that Jacoby is getting his shot. He played his little transferee’s heart out for us and deserves the opportunity.

Texpack
    Participant

First start will be Thursday night against the Texans. Ryan Fitpatrick threw for Avagadro’s Number against the Texans as a third stringer. I look for Jacoby to do the same.

TheAliasTroll
    Participant

but what’s his position on the national anthem and the bathroom policies?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Well our man JB didn’t choke…
    finished pretty good…

on the other hand,
    Russell && his ‘Hawks seem grounded at LAX….
    good thing they brought their Defense.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^O Marshawn, where forth art thou brother of man?

john of sparta
    Participant

we’ve had superior QBs.
    too bad our coaches weren’t.

McCallum
    Participant

but what’s his position on the national anthem and the bathroom policies?

No MOAR of that if you please.

When you speak of bathrooms let’s keep it to single ply versus double ply.

You wouldn’t want any cesspools to compete with dapper Dave’s up coming display.

McCallum

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

It sucks being a lifelong Wolfpack, Dolphins and Orioles fan. At least the O’s are hanging on for dear life. Dolphins and Wolfpack usually ruin my sports weekends. Lucky for me that I have a goldfish memory and tune in the next week 🙂

gso packbacker
    Participant

Wolpack, Dolphins, and Orioles? My advice is to pretend every weekend is 1973 and life will be much more enjoyable.

MISTA WOLF
    Participant

That’s the problem. I was born in 1983. All 3 teams glory days were before my day. My dad jokes that I was made the night we beat Houston.

44rules
    Participant

Found this on SI com: http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/09/18/new-england-patriots-jacoby-brissett-jimmy-garoppolo-injury

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

redwolf87
    Participant

Wolfpack, Dolphins, and Orioles? My advice is to pretend every weekend is 1973 and life will be much more enjoyable.

Actually 1983 was a really great year for at least two of those.

Can’t speak to Dolphins.

44rules
    Participant

This means, of course, that I’m going to have to watch the game tonight and root for Jacoby. Luckily it’s on free TV, because I ditched the cord a while ago. It’s easy to live without TV when the Pack and the Braves suck, although I might have to do something come roundball season.

Communism is not love. Communism is a hammer which we use to crush the enemy. Mao Zedong

BassPacker
    Participant

Biggest night in young Jacoby’s life !!! Hope he does well. Expect da Bill to limit his passes and runs to basic play calling. Of course, Jacoby is known to “extend” the play, lol. Looking forward to watching the Pats play for a change.

choppack1
    Participant

That would be a TD!!! Great run by Jacoby

Fastback68
    Participant

Nice td run. Still hate pats but good for jacoby.

choppack1
    Participant

Longest run by ne qb since Steve grogan in 1978

TheCOWDOG

Don’t forget Thuney.

MrPlywood
    Participant

pfffft, game manager…

McCallum
    Participant

we’ve had superior QBs.
    too bad our coaches weren’t.

This here.

McCallum

tractor57
    Participant

I’m impressed with Jacoby’s performance last night but I also remember a few other times where an unknown did well for the Pats. This is no slam on Jacoby but there is also a culture and a system in place.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Of course, he made NO bad decisions with the ball, because that was his greatest strength as a QB here. Interesting that NE encouraged him to run MORE than we did, which I think was at least partially to prepare him for a pro-style offense.

Compare that to Brock Lobster, to whom YOOOOUUUUUSTON foolishly gave $18M/yr. Yeesh, was he ever awful.

tractor57
    Participant

Jacoby did what was needed. He showed he can win.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.