J D Hayworth

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk J D Hayworth

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    highstick
    Participant

J D was on WBT Radio this afternoon from 3-6 and spoke highly of his times at NCSU. He probably would have ticked off Cowdog, but did I hear Golden Chain call in and talk to him? Or was that another Golden Chain member cause they both seemed to have held that chain? Darned if I remember a chain of any color so I guess that happened after I was gradjemakated.

"Whomp 'em, Up, Side the Head"!

TheCOWDOG

Stick. You may be surprised, but politics never come between friends on my end. JD and I communicate rather often.

Hell no, I won’t ever go to the right…doesn’t mean we can’t humanoid together.

BTW. Golfed with the ’73 ACC Championship baseball team this weekend…Part of the long lost ring presentation, which I must say, exceeded anything State AD has ever done.

Guess who my partner was. Jerry Mills says, “Hey”

highstick
    Participant

Stick. You may be surprised, but politics never come between friends on my end. JD and I communicate rather often.

BTW. Golfed with the ’73 ACC Championship baseball team this weekend…Part of the long lost ring presentation, which I must say, exceeded anything State AD has ever done.

Guess who my partner was. Jerry Mills says, “Hey”

I saw a picture that Jerry’s wife had posted yesterday. Was there some sort of presentation on the field in uniforms? I couldn’t find you in the picture.

tractor57
    Participant
    TheCOWDOG
    highstick
    Participant

Here ya go, Stick.

http://gopack.com/index.aspx?path=baseball

Neat!!! I still can’t get over Jerry’s long hair. Last time I saw him at Robert’s, he didn’t have much hair at all…and prognosis wasn’t very good either. But I still also remember him as the little kid 6 years younger that could act sorta funny when he’d get mad. I can also remember some of his basketball teammates saying “don’t pass it to Jerry cause you’ll never get it back”!

choppack1
    Participant

Hell no, I won’t ever go to the right…doesn’t mean we can’t humanoid together

Nor should it ever. That’s a huge problem in this country right now, politics are too important.

Life is too short to hold petty grudges over political beliefs.

TheCOWDOG

Chops…A+

McCallum
    Participant

Vegan muffins anyone?

McCallum

*I’d be interested to know which right you speak of:

1) old line traditional right-Aristotlian, blood/soil, etc

2) neo-conservative right-Trotskyite in origin, market blood sucking in economics, imperialistic and indispensable in self view

McCallum
    Participant

Politics is not important.

Culture and fighting those that lack it and wish to destroy ours is very important.

McCallum

GoldenChain
    Participant

Or was that another Golden Chain member cause they both seemed to have held that chain? Darned if I remember a chain of any color so I guess that happened after I was gradjemakated.

Well Highstick correct that was me, however unless you graduated prior to 1926 the Golden Chain has added 12 links every year. Mrs GC is one as well. Very low key organization but includes just about every high profile State College grad that excelled in politics or industry (which begs the question how I got in…..I guess I just had some networking connections before I knew what that was….)
    https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/findingaids/ua021_461

JD was just more of an acquaintance in college but I figured calling him on the air would give him a chance to crow a little. I have to listen to the unx folks yuck it up on there every other day of the year.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.