Interesting Article w Coach Gott on Difficult Off Season

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Interesting Article w Coach Gott on Difficult Off Season

Tagged: ,

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BassPacker
    Participant

Heart Surgery, Divorce, Losing Season, Staff Changes…..a lot on the plate. Hopefully 2017 will be positive for him and all us who bleed RED.

NC State’s Mark Gottfried better than fine after difficult offseason

Rick
    Keymaster

Gott has been through some tough times, some of it was his own making. Hopefully it will focus him on the task at hand.

Pack1997
    Participant

Thats a lot for any one person. Regardless of how much you want to stay focused on the job those things really can get your head and drag you down. With some of it behind him hopefully he can focus on the team and get us to where we need to be. And Hopefully the heart issues are behind him too.

Adventuroo
    Participant

Based on being at the games, he is much thinner….any more and he will look anorexic. A bit hold that Gott and have done that bit before and you usually gain a bit and then level.

As someone that had AFib and taking lose dose meds as mine is not as serious, I can relate. The meds do slow you down as they are to control or prevent a rapid heart rate. Eventually, I will need a “clock” and continue on my meds as they have the least side effect. Cardio Doc does not want the laser burning….except as a more advanced solution….so he is already at a higher need for treatment level.

Hope the family goes through the trauma and the emotional healing of his divorce. Kids at that age should be more mature and able to cope and understand….but it will still be difficult.

Saw him at the Reynolds opening. Very nice younger lady was with him. Suspect this is more than just a “chase” as they have been observed at various functions and some of his neighbors say they make a lovely couple. Hope it DOES work out and that he can be focused on his job and will not make the same mistakes, as he put it, in the future.

SO, he is focused. NOW, hope he can channel that to the team and staff and really get down to playing good BB. The intensity of the 2011 season, especially post season in Columbus and St. Louis was intense. Actually talked to Elizabeth and one of the daughters after the opening game in Columbus. She was there supporting the PACK and very vocal during the game….

GO PACK.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

‘Roo, what I know about A-fib wouldn’t fill a small thimble. But a friend battled with it for years and he finally made the connection between eating something with MSG and his episodes. He made several trips to UVA’s cardiac center and many more to the local emergency room, but no doctor ever told him to avoid MSG. After making the connection, a quick google search turned up plenty of articles about the connection. He hasn’t had an episode in over a year since eliminating everything with MSG.

BJD95
    Keymaster

As a migraine sufferer, I will concur that MSG is absolutely the devil incarnate (without delving into politics LMAO).

Whiteshoes67
    Participant

Happy Coach G’s health and personal life are on the mend. But what caught my eye in this article was his reasoning behind the parting of ways with Lutz. Now I was never thought of Lutz as a defensive savior. His teams at UNC-Charlotte weren’t known for their defense. But to paraphrase, Gottfried says Lutz’s strengths were X’s and O’s, not recruiting. So he replaced with Lutz with recruiters. The bottom line is, and he’s said this before, the teams with the most talent win, and he thinks he just trot out a bunch of horses and win big in today’s game.

That ain’t the way it goes coach. The teams that win big have the horses AND THEY BUST THEIR TAILS and are fundamentally sound. Watch an Izzo or Calipari, Pitino, Coach K, Greg Marshall, or even ole Roy’s bunch. You gotta have both.

Rick
    Keymaster

Happy Coach G’s health and personal life are on the mend. But what caught my eye in this article was his reasoning behind the parting of ways with Lutz. Now I was never thought of Lutz as a defensive savior. His teams at UNC-Charlotte weren’t known for their defense. But to paraphrase, Gottfried says Lutz’s strengths were X’s and O’s, not recruiting. So he replaced with Lutz with recruiters. The bottom line is, and he’s said this before, the teams with the most talent win, and he thinks he just trot out a bunch of horses and win big in today’s game.

That ain’t the way it goes coach. The teams that win big have the horses AND THEY BUST THEIR TAILS and are fundamentally sound. Watch an Izzo or Calipari, Pitino, Coach K, Greg Marshall, or even ole Roy’s bunch. You gotta have both.

Interesting point. This team looks even more lost on defense than previous teams. Can that be attributed to the loss of Lutz?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.