If we had only known what we were giving up: Reynolds…

Home Forums StateFans Basketball If we had only known what we were giving up: Reynolds…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mook21
    Participant

Watching College Gameday leading up to the Duke *NC game and really feel like we lost something special when we moved to PNC (or whatever corporation steps up and pays the most) arena. The specials they are showing on how Cameron is so special, how it is unique, makes me think of Cameron’s “big brother” William Neil Reynolds Coliseum. From what I recall, they were started at roughly the same time, but that Cameron was finished before WW2, and that Reynolds was delayed and after the war had the end zones bumped out to up the capacity. I know PNC can be loud when we are winning, but it just does not compare to what we had in Reynolds. PNC is just a sterile shell while Reynolds was ALIVE! On campus, large enough for a good crowd, small enough to not be dead when not full. What could it have been if we had renovated and updated it the way Duke has done with Cameron! No suites, no lifetime seats unoccupied (or occupied by friends from the visiting team), loud, rowdy, and HOME. Miss it!

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I know PNC can be loud when we are winning

And Reynolds was quiet and half-full when State was losing. The major problem with the ESA/RBC/PNC is the overall poor quality of BB played by the home team since it was opened.

It is also important to note that State has ranked in the top-25 nationally in attendance ever since the PNC was opened. Just another piece of data proving that fan support is not the problem. Give the fans something to cheer for and they will respond…no matter where the games are played.

In short…The arena is not the problem. The fans are not the problem. Anyone that claims otherwise is horribly wrong.

Wufpacker
    Participant

And Reynolds was quiet and half-full when State was losing. The major problem with the ESA/RBC/PNC is the overall poor quality of BB played by the home team since it was opened.

Exactly

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^HA!

I’d pay to watch State kick the Holes and Dookies A$$es…

… on a 84ft blacktop somewhere…
    … with half-round, rusty, metal backboards…
    … bent rims && chain nets…
    … no seats, no locker rooms…
    … just Gary && Tony on a portable PA…
    … Pep Band Live…
    … BYOB, Cold Beer && hotdogs ATW…

… and of course…
    … Mr.Dog has to bring his ShowGirls to blow their whistles…

Now… if we could get Mrs. Sloan to sing the National Anthem just one more time?

It couldn’t get No F’ing better than that in heaven above!!!

just no rain, snow, sleet or ice… please….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Wulfpack
    Participant

Agreed. The hockey arena ain’t the problem. Our poor coaching and play is. Amazing that we continue to support it like we do with 30+ years of poor play.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.