High Praise for RW

Home Forums High Praise for RW

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

http://grantland.com/features/nfc-championship-preview-the-game-we-all-wanted/

I hadn’t really seen much of a Wilson backlash until the past few weeks, when his presence as a downballot MVP candidate and All-Pro option started to create rumblings that he was a product of his great defense and running game. You know, like he’s a short Mark Sanchez or something. It’s a silly argument that takes about 30 seconds to rip apart. Wilson contributes as a runner (which adds to his cumulative value); he does a ton in terms of improvising and creating plays out of nothing, especially on third down (without also including the heavy turnover rate that a guy like Tony Romo does as part of his improvisational package); and he’s had to play for most of the season without his two best linemen (Russell Okung and Max Unger) and his two best wide receivers (Percy Harvin and Sidney Rice). If you think Wilson is the fifth-best quarterback in football and not the second-best, that’s fine. If you think he’s the 15th-best quarterback in football or something like that, you’re probably not cut out for player analysis.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^well put BJ… especially the last sentence….

Perhaps as, if not more important, and perhaps why, votes like these should be Player and Coach only — not fans, is Russell Wilson is a LEADER….period.

But all of us here at SFN… already knew that… first hand, but it still needed to be said.

Just imagine a bunch of thirty-something men, busting their butts to do the impossible, because a kid in his early twenties TOLD THEM to…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    TheCOWDOG

It takes something special to knock my football socks off when it comes to Wilson. At least once a game …he manages to do it, though.

That 3rd down audible late in the game, and subsequent incredibly placed ball, is all anyone in their right mind needed to know about a 9/18 day.

Wolfanatic
    Participant

Russell Wilson is also quite the bargain at $681,005 this season, $817,302 next season, and $953,519 the following season. With Kaepernick at $1,397,532 the NFC championship game stands in stark contrast to the more established Brady (13.8M) and Manning (17.5M) salaries in the AFC championship. Russell’s “deal” does allow Seattle more cap room to go free agent hunting (Bennett, Avril, and Harvin this year, for instance). Go Seahawks!

Wulfpack
    Participant

I listen to a lot of national talk radio and he has been getting beat up due to the low numbers and the fact he really doesn’t have to do a whole lot to win. Basically saying if he played for a lesser team he wouldn’t be much. Always the critics. He is a winner.

StateFans
    Keymaster

How is that heading into this weekend I was more committed to being in front of the television to watch the Seahawks than I was to watch the Wolfpack?

JohnGalt78
    Participant

I hope RW is healthy come free agent time. I’d love to see him get a fat, life changing contract. He’s earned it.

Tau837
    Participant

Russell Wilson is also quite the bargain at $681,005 this season, $817,302 next season, and $953,519 the following season.

I hope RW is healthy come free agent time. I’d love to see him get a fat, life changing contract.

Wilson will earn a lot more than $953K in 2015. The Seahawks will be eligible to extend his contract after next season, and I’m sure they will do that and make him one of the game’s highest paid QBs. He won’t have to wait to become a free agent.

Same situation for Kaepernick this offseason, since this season was his third.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.