Henderson still working back from ankle injury

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Henderson still working back from ankle injury

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    VaWolf82
    Keymaster

…the 6-foot-5 junior guard is recovering from a serious opening-night ankle injury that required surgery, but time is running out for him to make it back as N.C. State pushes into the final full month of the regular season. And even Henderson is unsure when – or if – he’ll make it back this year.

”I really don’t know,” Henderson said. ”If I knew, I’d tell you. For me to be able to go 100 percent and help this team … I know it’s going to take a lot from where I can now to do that.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/wolfpacks-henderson-still-working-back-ankle-injury-093616172–ncaab.html

wolfpack92owen
    Participant

Sucks immensely for the kid

FergusWolf
    Participant

I’m crossing my fingers that he is able to get a medical red-shirt, and hence a 6th year of eligibility. He deserves to be able to play 2 more years if he wants to.

redisgood
    Participant

We’re 12-11. 8 of our losses were by 3,7,5,5,3,7,7,4. Take 25 of Mav’s 33 minutes per game and give them to Henderson…

Oh well.

redisgood
    Participant

I’m crossing my fingers that he is able to get a medical red-shirt, and hence a 6th year of eligibility. He deserves to be able to play 2 more years if he wants to.

A lot of people are saying that, even Gott, but I don’t see how it will happen. To get a 6th year, you have to have lost two years due to medical or other circumstances beyond the player’s control. Red-shirting due to the transfer rule is not considered outside the player’s control.

Rick
    Keymaster

What is the reasoning for the limit of six years?

redisgood
    Participant

Good question. The only reason I can think of is because it’s the NCAA. Makes no sense to me.

TheCOWDOG

It’s 5 years to play 4, not 6. That very special 6th is reserved for the hardest of hard luck cases.

redisgood
    Participant

Yeah, I figured the 5 years was common knowledge.

Rick
    Keymaster

It’s 5 years to play 4, not 6. That very special 6th is reserved for the hardest of hard luck cases.

Thank you CD you are correct. Sorry I should have asked why five years? Who cares if it takes 5 or 6 or even 7 years to get the 4 years of eligibility?

TheCOWDOG

Because one could essentially spend half a lifetime developing a kid to be game ready.

redisgood
    Participant

Judy Eller Street was 61 when she played collegiate golf. I think her father felt she was finally ready.

Rick
    Keymaster

Because one could essentially spend half a lifetime developing a kid to be game ready.

If a player is willing why not? There are scholarship limits and incentives for kids to graduate so I don’t see a legitimate reason for an artificial cap of five years.

TheCOWDOG

Good. You support the schol that goes on for 7 years.

Me…I’m thinkin’ the natural cycle.

Ricky. What ya gonna do when yur coaching the kid at 12, and teams are stacked with 20s?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

We’re 12-11. 8 of our losses were by 3,7,5,5,3,7,7,4. Take 25 of Mav’s 33 minutes per game and give them to Henderson…

^THIS plus the lack of a true center …
    equals a championship season….

As stated elsewhere by numerous trained observers…
    2015-2016 has GOTT to be one of Coach’s best years on the court to accomplish what we have and what we will…

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

Good. You support the schol that goes on for 7 years.

Me…I’m thinkin’ the natural cycle.

Ricky. What ya gonna do when yur coaching the kid at 12, and teams are stacked with 20s?

I am not sure what you are saying

Heelh8r
    Participant

I am not sure what you are saying

Don’t worry it took me a while to get fluent in CD too. He’s saying, so you want to coach your 12 year olds against a team loaded with 20 year olds?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.