Henderson out until at least February

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Henderson out until at least February

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Rick
    Keymaster

Jon Rothstein @JonRothstein
    NC State’s Terry Henderson (ankle) won’t return until mid-January or possibly February, Mark Gottfried told @CBSSports.

That is unfortunate news. We could use the guard play. And it really sucks for the kid. Sit out a year and get hurt 7 minutes into the season.

BassPacker
    Participant

Saw that on WRALTV5 last nite, really really unfortunate news. If he comes back in Feb, not sure he will be close to 100% until maybe ACC tournament time. Hate for the kid but at this point would be considering asking for a medical redshirt perhaps if available.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Sounds like basketball season might be FUBAR. Such is life when the roster is constructed with zero margin of error. Gonna be a metric f-ckton of pressure on the 2016-17 squad to perform, and perform IMMEDIATELY.

tractor57
    Participant

BJD you might be totally right but to me the pleasure of the season is seeing the team and players develop. Is Gott the magic sauce? Not sure I know. All I know is former stars on the court usually don’t do well as coaches – we have been there and done that.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

What happens IF MG doesn’t land the superstar class everyone was hoping for before Bam decided to go to Kentucky? What happens if Dennis Smith is the only freshman in 2016 who can make an immediate impact?

College basketball is all about what have you done for me this year. There is no next year or 3 years from now, only this year because players leave constantly. You can change your fortune on a dime in today’s game but it goes both ways. State can ill afford for Gottfried to have 2 consecutive less than good recruiting years.

If 2015 and Bam are just blips and MG can finish the 2016 class with enough talent to plug and play at the necessary positions during their freshmen year, then he’ll have righted the ship for another season. The question we need to ask now is what if he doesn’t land the big class for 2016 and has “another” FUBAR season (assuming this season really does become FUBAR, which is no guarantee) with a team plagued by the same characteristics of every MG team?

Lot’s of IFs for 2 full seasons but something to ponder as we go through this season, both on the court and on the recruiting trail.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

Hate for the kid but at this point would be considering asking for a medical redshirt perhaps if available.

From what I’ve read in the past, it’s not possible to get a sixth year when kids lose a year due to sitting out after a transfer. The only way that I know of to get a sixth year, is to lose two years to injuries.

TheCOWDOG

Well…A transfer has little hope in extending the 5 year clock by way of a Medred.

However, a redshirted Freshman usually can receive one, because the “inactive” year was out of his control.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.