Guest Column – Not your UCLA High Post Offense …

Home Forums All StateFansNation Guest Column – Not your UCLA High Post Offense …

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    TheCOWDOG

^
    Tau, if I beg, he will.
    Be forewarned. In a Christmas greeting he said:
    ” The game has become a game of recruiting over teaching. Imagine that, used car salesmen for coaches.”

Anyone living in the Houston area could assist by letting me know if ESPNU will be carrying the game.

It would be a special treat to have him comment on the offense he was part of.
    His particular input to the high post, was something he called the Cockeyed 1-3-1.
    It was meant to be a zone busting addition to the 2-3 and 1-4. When we saw Buckets flash the post last year, I believe we got glimpses.

Rick
    Keymaster

CD,
    It is on regular ESPN.

TheCOWDOG

Thanks, Rick. Happy New Year.

OK…Houston area. Is it going to be televised in your region?

Rick
    Keymaster

Sorry CD I forgot ESPN does regional games. If you cannot get it and have access to espn3 let me know.

Wufpacker
    Participant

If we’re talking the Cincy basketball game, that’s ESPNU (Tuesday, 12/30, 4pm) according to the schedule.
    As for Houston, Texpack will need to jump in on this one.

Rick
    Keymaster

Id assuming he was talking about the bowl game. Not do I feel stupid. Sorry I will just stop now.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ok…

The Bossman had a meeting in the Office yesterday at 5:00pm, so I only GOTT to watch the first 15 minutes of the Cincy game…

Did a little charting…

Basically the results were this…

On the first 15 or so Offensive possessions…
    1. We ran a set offense about 40% the time… the rest, except one legitimate fast break by Cat, were turnovers before we could set up…

2. When we did run the “nameless” set offense…
    == the Bigs touched the ball before a shot or turnover about 40% of the time..
    == KW Gott the ball at the free throw line twice,
    == the rest were passes to the blocks…
    == and the BIGS actually completed a high-low pass to each other in the lane for a basket one time…

3. We scored off the set play = either basket or free throw – about 40% of the time…

Now that does not sound too bad..

But when you multiply 40% x 40% x 40% …. that equals… 6.4%… which sucks…
    if for no other reason that it just does…
    but we can’t really blame the BIGS for all of this sucking…

As I said on the post game thread…

This is officially a WTF game! So I’m smh and throwing these charts out the f’ing window.

Anybody else GOTT any decent charts ??

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    Rick
    Keymaster

Bill,
    I would say it is a WTF season. These are consistent problems not one bad game.
    WVU showed we would wilt under hard defenseive pressure and even though our players know what they are going to see, they seem incapableo of handling it or unprepared to handle it. It is hard to run any offense when you cannot even get the ball up court.

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

Ricky… did you catch that math trick/error above …. you’re slipping…
    :>}

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.