"Give _________ credit"

Home Forums All StateFansNation "Give _________ credit"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    inhoc…
    Participant

Always fascinated about why players/coaches of losing teams always feel the need to say “give ___________ credit for winning the game”.

What does that even mean? It’s just like a guilty politician saying “I take full responsibility for my actions” on a news interview after they been identified in a scandal. It’s just an empty gesture, so why even bother?

Come on, sometimes everyone knows the outcome is solely on the losing team for giving it away…just call it what it is. It’s not poor sportsmanship to be honest.

redcanine
    Participant

Translation: “Get this mic away from me. I just want to go home and turn the lights off.”

DrWuffette1day
    Participant

Concession speech translation above: We got spanked and we acknowledge that. My team will pay DEARLY in tomorrow’s practice.

However the Dean Smith school always invoked: We just didn’t do the things we needed to do to win. (meaning: the other team still sucks.)

Deacon Blues
    Participant

Give Gott credit, he is one of the best coaches in the land for the first :30 minutes…..

inhoc…
    Participant

As much as I think Boeheim is an A hole, I did like that he admitted (after beating state) that state should have won.

I just hear the “give _____ credit” so much I somewhat get frustrated. Who are you fooling? Just take admit it!

Pack Mentality
    Participant

All credit needs to go to God for the loss.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.