Georgia Tech's QB Vad Lee transferring

Home Forums StateFans Football Georgia Tech's QB Vad Lee transferring

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    ruffles31
    Keymaster

Vad Lee is moving on

After one season as a starter, Georgia Tech quarterback will transfer, according to a person close to the team who is familiar with Lee’s decision.
    Lee, a redshirt sophomore, will have two years of eligibility remaining. Tech completed its season Monday at the Music City Bowl, where the Yellow Jackets lost 25-17 to Ole Miss. Rivals website first reported Lee’s planning to transfer earlier Thursday.

This is a little surprising from afar. Good luck to Lee. I enjoyed him beating certain teams last year.

JackWolf
    Keymaster

Not Surprising. He was never meant to be a triple-option QB and apparently Johnson told him they were changing the offense. From what I hear, we would have landed him had the staff not given him a deadline which he didn’t like. He might have been useful this year : /

StateFans
    Keymaster

tobaccordshow
    Keymaster

Hahahahahha! I still don’t know how Calvin Johnson thrived there.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Sounds like he is considering places like Elon, Richmond and James Madison.

Sucks for the kid (and for NC State) because everyone expected him to be in the red & white. IIRC, Paul Johnson told Lee during recruiting that GT would tailor their offense more for him and then they told him if he didn’t commit to them that he’d lose his offer.

He has two years of eligibility remaining.

Rick
    Keymaster

Logan ripped him a new one for believing the lie.
    I have to admit it was prettu dumb to expect JOhnson to change the offense he has been running for upteen years.
    Pretty crappy of JOhnson to lie about it too.

Another thing Logan said was that you will se GT spiral down. No good atheletes want to play in that sytem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.