FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL … CAROLINA BALL!

Home Forums StateFans Basketball FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL FOUL … CAROLINA BALL!

Tagged: 

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • Author
    tobaccordshow
    Keymaster

I guess this was TJ’s mistake. He had the unfortunate luck to have the ball bounce off his shoulder when being mauled. How dare he.

charger17
    Participant

Somebody should make a vine of this, then we all donate money and take up space on every digital billboard in the triangle area for one day just replaying this vine over and over again, with the hashtag #9outof10secrefs

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Guess TJ didn’t know which team was supposed to win and needed some help.

MrPlywood
    Participant

I’m actually surprised that they didn’t call TJ for an elbow swing while they were at it 😛

Someone send that Vine to Swoffy. Then again don’t, I don’t think he knows how to operate the internet machine.

JustJim
    Participant

He took 4 steps with the ball. What about the walk TJ just got away with driving the lane. The announcers said he got away with a walk. What about the hook on Tokota at the 2:30 mark. Funny how you don’t mention those things.

MrPlywood
    Participant

Say what JustHeelFanJim? Two dribbles, gathers the ball (gets fouled), plants left foot (gets fouled), pivots on left foot (gets fouled, gets fouled, gets fouled), picks up left foot. Oh, THAT’S the travel. Gotcha. You seem to be confused, but I can understand after watching years of Hansbrough make a mockery of the rules I’d think you’d give TJ a pass on any walks.

Rick
    Keymaster

And to head off the “you gots to make a play derp derp” crew
    I saw this on another board and my question is, how many plays do we have to make? BTW while we were scoring UNC was shooting foul shots.

In last 5 minutes of regulation (until TJ’s shot in last seconds) we:

-Scored on 7 of 8 offensive possessions. (Washington’s double dribble was only time we didn’t score at least one point).

-Scored 14 points on those 8 possessions, going 6-8 from field

– Held unc-ch to 3-8 shooting during that same span, with a blocked shot.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

STATS!!!!!! Nope, not listening.

pakfanistan
    Participant

-Scored on 7 of 8 offensive possessions. (Washington’s double dribble was only time we didn’t score at least one point).

I didn’t you were on the team.

I saw this on another board and my question is, how many plays do we have to make?

We’ve already covered it multiple times, especially in a one point game, like Syracuse and Carolina, it only takes one single play.

We* had 10 turnovers.
    We* missed 18 2s.
    We* missed 15 3s.
    We* missed 12 freethrows.

10 + 18 + 15 + 12 = 55 opportunities to win.

STATS!!!!!!

*we = the team

Rick
    Keymaster

STATS!!!!!! Nope, not listening.

Never miss a shot derpity derp derp

Rick
    Keymaster

Uh Oh I feel another heart felt apology brewing

tjfoose1
    Participant

We* had 10 turnovers.
    We* missed 18 2s.
    We* missed 15 3s.

That’s simplistic thinking. Those opportunities were not in a vacuum. Every play, every score affects the subsequent play of both participants and the officiating crew. If we/Wolfpack (hope that is acceptable) cashes in on just one of those opportunities, the entire game is changed. u*nc reacts different, we/Wolfpack reacts differently, the officials react differently. IMO, the game is still ‘managed’ to the same result.

In addition, I’d argue that only 10 TO’s against a u*nc defense in a game officiated like a late 80’s Detroit Bad Boys Piston game (at least one side of it, anyway) was damn impressive. Don’t forget the asterisk on the Warren TO. That was a foul. So that’s a max of 9 true TO’s.

But let’s get perspective:

Turnovers
    Wolfpack: 10
    u*nc: 12

Shooting
    Wolfpack: 2pt 22/40 55%; 3pt 7/22 32%
    u*nc: 2pt 23/51 45%; 3pt 7/15 47%

Free Throws
    Wolfpack: 19/31 61%
    u*nc: 18/31 58%

So the Wolfpack outperformed the opponent in 3 out of the 4 stats you listed.

I suggest a few other important stats:
    Fouls: Warren/Page
    4/0 (in spite of his all night hand checking, holds, and arm blocks)

Minutes played: Warren/Page
    34/41

Rick
    Keymaster

But if it read this then NCSU would have won. Therefore the refs are not at fault.

Wolfpack: 0
    u*nc: 12

Wolfpack: 2pt 40/40 100pt 22/22 100%
    u*nc: 2pt 23/51 45%; 3pt 7/15 47%

Wolfpack: 31/31 100%
    u*nc: 18/31 58%

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I’ve decided to search my feelings and use the eye test while using my common sense to eat my fruit cocktail coming to the conclusion it’s TJs fault. He should have known he was going to get fouled but it would be a TO on him. Heck he was one of the 10 turnovers pakfanistan pointed out and as such he cost them the game because that TO was one more chance they could have scored but didn’t.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

I totally agree with Pakfanistan. You look at his stats he’s saying if the pack would have made 1 more basket that they missed, 2 more FTs, or 1 less TO then the pack would have won the game. So the refs couldn’t possibly be responsible. Right!?!

Rick
    Keymaster

I totally agree with Pakfanistan. You look at his stats he’s saying if the pack would have made 1 more basket that they missed, 2 more FTs, or 1 less TO then the pack would have won the game. So the refs couldn’t possibly be responsible. Right!?!

Oh, well when you put it that way…

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

It’s not like we have any evidence the refs made such an egregious call that it could possibly effect those stats and the final outcome of the game. Do we??

Rick
    Keymaster

It’s not like we have any evidence the refs made such an egregious call that it could possibly effect those stats and the final outcome of the game. Do we??

That is only YOUR opinion. You have no REAL evidence of such a thing. Besides opinions always usurp stats and video evidence. Duh

pakfanistan
    Participant

I’ve decided to search my feelings and use the eye test while using my common sense to eat my fruit cocktail coming to the conclusion it’s TJs fault. He should have known he was going to get fouled but it would be a TO on him. Heck he was one of the 10 turnovers pakfanistan pointed out and as such he cost them the game because that TO was one more chance they could have scored but didn’t.

He’s trapped in the corner of the court. Why does he even have the ball there where the sideline can act as a third defender? Wouldn’t it be better to be somewhere you could dribble out of trouble or pass to a teammate? Would that not be a valid way to win? I’m not saying it’s his fault, but again, we* had opportunities.

Actually, all I’m saying we* had opportunities to win, but feel free to pretend like having more points isn’t a valid way to do that.

You guys act like we never benefit from a questionable call.

*we = the team

pakfanistan
    Participant

That is only YOUR opinion. You have no REAL evidence of such a thing. Besides opinions always usurp stats and video evidence. Duh

Yes, only your stats are valid.

Rick
    Keymaster

He’s trapped in the corner of the court. Why does he even have the ball there where the sideline can act as a third defender? Wouldn’t it be better to be somewhere you could dribble out of trouble or pass to a teammate? Would that not be a valid way to win? I’m not saying it’s his fault, but again, we* had opportunities.

Absolutely
    He should have known that UNC would be allowed to grab his arms. Definitely TJ’s fault. I am convinced.

pakfanistan
    Participant

Absolutely
    He should have known that UNC would be allowed to grab his arms.

Doesn’t it suck that actions have consequences. Reality is biased agains us >:[

wufpup76
    Keymaster

It’s Friday guys … start drinking with me.

pakfanistan
    Participant

It’s Friday guys … start drinking with me.

On it.

1.21 Jigawatts
    Keymaster

Actually, all I’m saying we* had opportunities to win, but feel free to pretend like having more points isn’t a valid way to do that.

You guys act like we never benefit from a questionable call.

*we = the team

He wasn’t on the sideline until after trying to dribble he didn’t have full control so instead of making a mistake he picked the ball up like any basketball player would. He just happened to be on the sideline after regaining enough control to pick it up.

As for for having more points isn’t valid now you’re putting words in my mouth. I was agreeing with you. You said:

We* had 10 turnovers.
    We* missed 18 2s.
    We* missed 15 3s.

By the way you wrote it you’re implying all are equal, Points and Turnovers, and with no disclaimers that anytime during the game is just as equal. So by definition one less TO would have been one more opportunity to win and since a TO = PTS then one less TO would equal a win. By that logic if Warren wouldn’t have committed the TO in the video the Pack would have won the game.

Was the TO in the video correctly called?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 58 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.