Former Players You Could See Coaching Hoops

Home Forums StateFans Basketball Former Players You Could See Coaching Hoops

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    BJD95
    Keymaster

For me, it always comes down to two – Engin Atsur and Alex Johnson. Atsur was probably the smartest (in terms of BBIQ) dude we’ve had since Corch amd Monroe. Before those two – Nate and Vinny, nobody was surprised to see them in the coaching ranks. He played near all-ACC caliber defense his senior year because he was ALWAYS in the correct position, despite limited athleticism, playing on one leg, and learning a new position (PG).

With more exposure (since he was only here one year, and as a reserve), I bet we would feel the same about Alex Johnson. He was apparently the only guy CJL ever listened to, which gives you a good idea of the respect he commanded in the locker room.

What say you?

Wulfpack
    Participant

Scott Wood.

Obviously, Archie has already made a name for himself. Won’t be long before he has a major gig.

BJD95
    Keymaster

Dunno if I could ever see a member of last year’s squad as coaching material. It was a leaderless hot mess, and more than one person pointed to AJ’s absence.

I miss Wood’s postgame quips, though. Loved his dry sense of humor.

VaWolf82
    Keymaster

I’m afraid that this list will be depressingly short.

I normally associated future coaches with the PGs. State hasn’t had enough good PGs since Corch to use up all of the fingers on one hand counting them.

redcanine
    Participant

Will Roach

Rick
    Keymaster

Scott Wood.

Obviously, Archie has already made a name for himself. Won’t be long before he has a major gig.

Wood? I always got the impression he was not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.