Forbes: Raleigh #2 of Next Boom Town

Home Forums StateFans Non Sports Talk Forbes: Raleigh #2 of Next Boom Town

Tagged: 

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    StateFans
    Keymaster

Can’t help but keep on appreciating the love Raleigh keeps getting. (Link)

No. 2: Raleigh, N.C.
    Raleigh has experienced the second-highest overall population increase and the third-highest job growth over the past two decades in the U.S. It also ranked among those regions seeing the biggest jump in new immigrants and is the No. 1 city for families with young children. The area is a magnet for technology companies fleeing the more expensive, congested and highly regulated northeast corridor. Affordable housing and short commute times are no doubt highly attractive to recent college graduates and millennials looking to start families.

I knew that Austin was going to be #1 without having to click on it. But, truthfully, Austin has already BOOMED. Big time. Don’t know if they can keep the pace of the next 10 years like the last 10 years.

pakfanistan
    Participant

On the one hand, cool. On the other hand, I’m not looking forward to having to weave through more people driving in the left hand lane.

BJD95
    Keymaster

On the one hand, cool. On the other hand, I’m not looking forward to having to weave through more people driving in the left hand lane.

Fuck and yes. If we get more transplants, only maniac NYC-ish drivers need apply, please.

StateFans
    Keymaster

Vibrant center city

Manage transportation

improve development around and increase the ‘relevance’ of NC State

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

^ Maybe we could hire one of our alumni, the former distinguished professor of Architecture and Raleigh City Councilman, Dr. Randolph Hester to lead the design the traffic / transportation solutions.

He retired now and living an hour away and might be up for the challenges.
    Besides… most everybody that remembers what the City Council he served on did back in the 1970s either is long gone or can’t remember what they ‘engineered’ back then. Most everybody… that is.

What goes around… comes around…
    and Karma is….

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
    MrPlywood
    Participant

…a beach?

bill.onthebeach
    Participant

yep… that’s right… you probably could a retired California Architecture professor to design a beach for Rawlee faster than a long transportation / traffic solution.

After spending 25 years in the Triangle…. traffic wise…I’m glad I’m down here most days, except Fridays from 3:00pm to 7:00pm. I do “miss” the economic environment of that area.

#NCSU-North Carolina's #1 FOOTBALL school!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.